TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

User submitted reviews for kratom vendors and strains. In order to help people find what they're looking for quickly, all posts in this section are for reviews only.
Forum rules
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.

This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.

Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
Post Reply
Klyded
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 pm

TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by Klyded »

Okie doke, this is a bit of a peculiar review because it's more in the interest of something being available as opposed to something that IS :lol:

Seriously though, if you have samples from the recent open event- go through them and see if you have an Opal Indo as it was not/is not available on the menu. If so, give it a spin and let the folks at TFH know! I e-mailed them myself about it and it seems as though the status COULD become "available" in the future (potential opens down the road) depending on the feedback it fosters.

So anyhoo, time to get to it.

NOTE: I had two samples and this is based on 3 seperate doses about a day or so apart from one another- first thing. I can only call this initial impressions in all fairness. Also, a great deal of these conclusions are admittingly fleshed out by comparison to Jade Indo, which must be noted as very similar.


Speed: Onset was pretty standard but after that, it hits me that "gee whilikers do I have some fine cerebral mojo running" - I'd call this fast in the mind and moderate-subtle in the body. A great combo.

Energy: The energy itself is noteworthy because it is extremely mild in the background but very clean and easily directed. I love strains that don't demand what I do but allow me to demand what I do with them. I can't stress enough how rare this quality can be and it is a hallmark of a perfectly balanced leaf in my mind.

Mood and Focus: This is where the Opal truly shines. Extraordinarily motivating creatively leaving one feeling fascinated without demanding I pick up the phone and start calling folks! Great for making art, reading or enjoying someone's company- very versatile. I've mentioned "fascination" in another review a bit ago in respect to Fused Flora's Yellow MD- I have very few other strains I would say spur me on in this creative capacity- they are gems to me.

Pain Relief: It is redundant when speaking about TFH products to talk pain relief because I've yet to try a single one that isn't a remarkable analgesic and the Opal delivers as well.

Signature: Truly remarkable strains need to standout in this category for me. Opal here, is the jack of all trades in my book. All the relaxation of a solid red with the euphoria that only a white can grant me. I'm classic for blending slow reds and fast whites as opposed to selecting a more energizing red by itself- it is a distinctly different burn to be certain. Opal achieves something more akin to the blend for me all by it's lonesome.

Bottom line: Mild can be exceptional and Opal illustrates just how that works! Similar to Jade Indo but unique enough to stand on its own. It would be foolish to not draw comparison here, the two in question are THAT akin. The Opal wins the day in the cognition department on my scorecard which is saying something because the Jade Indo is one of my favorites from TFH right alongside Wild Crafted Gold and Red Muna. Jade is the greater extremity of the two but that isn't always desirable depending on you're aim or the time of day.

Even if you did not get an Opal sample, if you picked up the Jade and want more like that- report in to TFH because the Opal is proof positive that possibility exists :shock:

Be happy, be good to yourselves and have a great day folks :mrgreen:
Gela19
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by Gela19 »

I just received it in a sample in today's mail. Can't wait to give it a go tomorrow morning.....
nerdy ninja
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by nerdy ninja »

This one was just wow. I took some before my commute to work and it snuck up on me and by the time I got to work I was ready to get some work done. As you mentioned just a perfectly well rounded strain that hits all the notes for me on what I want from a green. Long legs. Clean euphoria. Focus and energy. I’ve tried every green on the menu during open order and this one is definitely my #1
Spencemastaflex
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by Spencemastaflex »

This one actually didn't do a lot for me . It was kinda the same song and dance as the ivory indo. Not super distinguishing, and a little too subtle. Glad people are enjoying it though.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by brave777 »

I think to truly enjoy TFH kratom, a nice break to get your body ready for a fresh batch is a must! least 12 hour apart. If you dose often or big doses shortly apart, it might not mesh with you much, true colors come out when time frame is given. And its indeed very enjoyable. I just dont understand why people dose often and think they are doing better for them self's. Its only understandable if you dose often if your in major pain, if not, then their is no reason why your not doing 12 hour breaks. I honestly think, for sleep kratom should never be taken, because their is sooo many other alternatives for it. Unless you use it for sleep mostly then your good, your not taking it during the day. Main point to find time.
Kratom user since 2014!
Klyded
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 pm

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by Klyded »

brave777 wrote:I think to truly enjoy TFH kratom, a nice break to get your body ready for a fresh batch is a must! least 12 hour apart. If you dose often or big doses shortly apart, it might not mesh with you much, true colors come out when time frame is given. And its indeed very enjoyable. I just dont understand why people dose often and think they are doing better for them self's. Its only understandable if you dose often if your in major pain, if not, then their is no reason why your not doing 12 hour breaks. I honestly think, for sleep kratom should never be taken, because their is sooo many other alternatives for it. Unless you use it for sleep mostly then your good, your not taking it during the day. Main point to find time.
12 hours..?!!! BUT I DONT WANNA :(

Man, I would love to claim I disagree with you because the truth is harsh but.... you are totally on point and that truth is harsh!! :lol:

Honestly, maybe 12 hours is pushing it for some because I do see it as a game of relativity. Someone dosing every 3 hours would see a world of difference at every 6. The point one needs to digest is anytime you are assessing new leaf and/or vendor, you must take some measure to sensitize yourself to the experience, lest ye may miss out.

I am so guilty of not doing this as often as I should (definitely should), albeit due to some severe chronic issues. But what I do find, with better selections and most all TFH offerings, is they have remarkably higher ceilings. Effects scale at higher dosage whereas shit leaf just makes you nauseous and wobbly.

Everyone says these work better at lower dosage but I believe it more like.. if you maintain lower dosage relative to wherever you personally are at- you become sensitive very rapidly.

Other notes: I never assess a new leaf when I am tired or very thirsty (dehydrated)- either scenario will render a total miss. Hydration maybe a bit more critical in my case due to compromised kidneys.
Siegebruce
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 am

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by Siegebruce »

Thanks for this review! I just noticed I still have one of these sealed, looking forward to trying it. I agree with brave, a long break before is a must. The longer the better. I go 6 hours at the regular minimum, but if you can go 12 hours that's even better. Ideally you should do this for every dose, but it's not always easy to wait that long, or it just doesn't line up with your day. Anyway, good tip.

I got some other nameless samples too. Like this morning I took IR 14771. I have no idea if it's a good morning strain, but it definitely looked whiter in shade the green I got. In fact, all of the samples are very light in shade, nothing even remotely like fermented.
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

Am trying the opal indo at the moment. It's nice, not distinguishing yet, but feels like there is more to the story than just a hello.

Three hours later, the burn just fizzled and petered out, probably due to tolerance. I wouldn't rule it out, but would have to try a few more times with positive results to recommend.
Last edited by IndelibleDotInk on Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
nerdy ninja
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by nerdy ninja »

Tolerance is EVERYTHING. Ballz recommendation of no more than 10g in one day was a absolute game changer for me. I had no clue how much I was missing out on kratom beforehand. Even with a less is more approach I used to be a 15-16 gram per day user. I began reducing my intake by 1 gram every 5 days and once I got under 12 was astonished at the difference. Way better burns with much much longer legs. The Opal was one of those strains that you kind of get a meh burn the first couple of times and then the 3rd go round it snuck up on me. Dosed before leaving for work and had actually thought it was a no go till about 30 mins into my commute and wow
Siegebruce
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 am

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by Siegebruce »

Indeed. I'm always conscious of tolerance, and hesitant to say a strain doesn't work at first because it could be the result of short term tolerance. Or any number of things, like how much sleep I got and the last time I ate was.

Right now I'm waiting a few extra hours before trying this opal Indo strain. I never get my hopes up, but a nice burn this morning sure would be nice.
Siegebruce
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 am

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by Siegebruce »

I'm liking this so far. Glad I waited. It feels like a white. A solid one. initially I said it felt like a faster green but as time goes on it feels like a white, but I could totally get why someone thought this was a green. I wish I could go back and find out what color strains the numbered ones actually are. (Good luck finding out what color real opal stone is because it's like every single color.) It's a clean boost, moderate energy with focus and a little mood lift. It's actually got more focus to it and I'm used to, I feel like getting stuff done on the computer and sending emails out and such. I could see it giving physical energy as well but I'm stationary right now. For me, it's all cerebral effects with a noticeable lack of pain relief, which is okay as I don't have much pain but there's still a lack of physical euphoria that is missing. I'm impressed with this strain, a 9/10. That reminds me I better do the feedback form.
attilathejund
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by attilathejund »

Made my first TFH order last week and told him to just give me whatever strains he'd like to share rather than trying to pick specifics. What showed up was this, the Red Muna, and the Wild Green Hangat. By far, the Opal Indo is the standout. All 3 were good but my first run with the indo felt like my first few experiences with kratom. As a 12 year(!) kratom veteran, it was absolutely awesome to have that feeling. Will definitely be getting this one again if it goes on sale in the future.
Back2K
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by Back2K »

Klyded wrote:Okie doke, this is a bit of a peculiar review because it's more in the interest of something being available as opposed to something that IS :lol:

Seriously though, if you have samples from the recent open event- go through them and see if you have an Opal Indo as it was not/is not available on the menu. If so, give it a spin and let the folks at TFH know! I e-mailed them myself about it and it seems as though the status COULD become "available" in the future (potential opens down the road) depending on the feedback it fosters.

So anyhoo, time to get to it.

NOTE: I had two samples and this is based on 3 seperate doses about a day or so apart from one another- first thing. I can only call this initial impressions in all fairness. Also, a great deal of these conclusions are admittingly fleshed out by comparison to Jade Indo, which must be noted as very similar.


Speed: Onset was pretty standard but after that, it hits me that "gee whilikers do I have some fine cerebral mojo running" - I'd call this fast in the mind and moderate-subtle in the body. A great combo.

Energy: The energy itself is noteworthy because it is extremely mild in the background but very clean and easily directed. I love strains that don't demand what I do but allow me to demand what I do with them. I can't stress enough how rare this quality can be and it is a hallmark of a perfectly balanced leaf in my mind.

Mood and Focus: This is where the Opal truly shines. Extraordinarily motivating creatively leaving one feeling fascinated without demanding I pick up the phone and start calling folks! Great for making art, reading or enjoying someone's company- very versatile. I've mentioned "fascination" in another review a bit ago in respect to Fused Flora's Yellow MD- I have very few other strains I would say spur me on in this creative capacity- they are gems to me.

Pain Relief: It is redundant when speaking about TFH products to talk pain relief because I've yet to try a single one that isn't a remarkable analgesic and the Opal delivers as well.

Signature: Truly remarkable strains need to standout in this category for me. Opal here, is the jack of all trades in my book. All the relaxation of a solid red with the euphoria that only a white can grant me. I'm classic for blending slow reds and fast whites as opposed to selecting a more energizing red by itself- it is a distinctly different burn to be certain. Opal achieves something more akin to the blend for me all by it's lonesome.

Bottom line: Mild can be exceptional and Opal illustrates just how that works! Similar to Jade Indo but unique enough to stand on its own. It would be foolish to not draw comparison here, the two in question are THAT akin. The Opal wins the day in the cognition department on my scorecard which is saying something because the Jade Indo is one of my favorites from TFH right alongside Wild Crafted Gold and Red Muna. Jade is the greater extremity of the two but that isn't always desirable depending on you're aim or the time of day.

Even if you did not get an Opal sample, if you picked up the Jade and want more like that- report in to TFH because the Opal is proof positive that possibility exists :shock:

Be happy, be good to yourselves and have a great day folks :mrgreen:
I mixed it with red horn reserve 1.5 grams each and I feel pretty good. But it didn’t kick in until I took the red horn so not sure which one is more dominant. Kratom is annoying to me because I always respond best to taking 2 strains at a time instead of one, so I never know which ones I like on their own. Except green hulu so far, that one is banging on it’s own.
SanPedroLover
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:02 am
Location: AZ

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by SanPedroLover »

Thanks for posting the review, definitely gonna get a 250g bag of this strain if they do another public sale!
mysticalmoon
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 08, 2020 3:14 am

Re: TFH Opal Indo: SSV AD13 **check samples from the open **

Post by mysticalmoon »

This was a sample I was hesitant to try since I don't generally react well to energetic or white strains. However, this thread intrigued me and I tried about three grams of it. I didn't have any pleasant effects from it and felt a bit sick. That's me with most whites though, sadly!
Post Reply