STH Review
Forum rules
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
-
Vintage964
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 am
STH Review
I've been buying from STH for years. Some of the best batches I've ever gotten were from him. I've also had a number that had little to no effect. When I buy 4 strains from him, I hope for 1-2 that are really good. I don't expect all for to be that way, and I don't think that's ever happened.
I recently bought 4 strains - Super Green 3, Green Monster, White Hulu, and Wild Green Bota. I like the energizing, mood enhancing strains but also like to have one for relaxing/calming down at end of day. I don't pay attention to the pain-relieving aspect unless its very noticeable. I should note that I take about 20-25G a day, and have built up a fair tolerance. So some that may be weak for me may have better effect for you.
Out of the 3 that I tried so far (Green Monster, White Hulu, and Wild Green Bota), the one that I consider "good" is Green Monster. I have some Super Green 3 left over and haven't tried the new batch. The SG3 batch I'm still taking is EXCELLENT. The other two (White Hulu and Super Green Bota) have little to no effect; they'll be relegated to the bottom drawer of my freezer. I don't throw batches away; I'll try them again in the future. Sometimes I stumble across a batch that I thought had no effect but for whatever reason, it had better effects the 2nd time around.
So my rating us here:
Super Green 3 (last batch purchased Feb 3) - 9/10
Effects: Very Energizing, very mood lifting
Dose: multiple 3-4g doses
Green Monster - 6/10
Effects: Energizing.
Dose: multiple 3-4g doses. Took another strain to relax because made me edgy toward end of day.
White Hulu - 1/10
Effects: None
Dose: multiple 3-4g doses
Wild Green Bota - 1/10
Effects: None
Dose: one 4g dose
I recently bought 4 strains - Super Green 3, Green Monster, White Hulu, and Wild Green Bota. I like the energizing, mood enhancing strains but also like to have one for relaxing/calming down at end of day. I don't pay attention to the pain-relieving aspect unless its very noticeable. I should note that I take about 20-25G a day, and have built up a fair tolerance. So some that may be weak for me may have better effect for you.
Out of the 3 that I tried so far (Green Monster, White Hulu, and Wild Green Bota), the one that I consider "good" is Green Monster. I have some Super Green 3 left over and haven't tried the new batch. The SG3 batch I'm still taking is EXCELLENT. The other two (White Hulu and Super Green Bota) have little to no effect; they'll be relegated to the bottom drawer of my freezer. I don't throw batches away; I'll try them again in the future. Sometimes I stumble across a batch that I thought had no effect but for whatever reason, it had better effects the 2nd time around.
So my rating us here:
Super Green 3 (last batch purchased Feb 3) - 9/10
Effects: Very Energizing, very mood lifting
Dose: multiple 3-4g doses
Green Monster - 6/10
Effects: Energizing.
Dose: multiple 3-4g doses. Took another strain to relax because made me edgy toward end of day.
White Hulu - 1/10
Effects: None
Dose: multiple 3-4g doses
Wild Green Bota - 1/10
Effects: None
Dose: one 4g dose
Last edited by Vintage964 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Spencemastaflex
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 500
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm
Re: STH Review
Tbh I've never liked anything I've tried from them
-
Vintage964
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 am
Re: STH Review
What's your go-to vendor?Spencemastaflex wrote:Tbh I've never liked anything I've tried from them
-
Spencemastaflex
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 500
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm
Re: STH Review
Botanical bunnyVintage964 wrote:What's your go-to vendor?Spencemastaflex wrote:Tbh I've never liked anything I've tried from them
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: STH Review
Some people dont like bunny. But they was my first vendor. They helped me a lot with my soul crippling depression and they will always have a place in my heart. I actually really enjoy a lot of their strains.Spencemastaflex wrote:
Botanical bunny
-
Spencemastaflex
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 500
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm
Re: STH Review
I guess I could understand why some people wouldn't like them. Some of their stuff is hit or miss. I just end up ordering a lot from them, I feel comfortable ordering from them. Although I wish they were better at answering emailsMarcussk wrote:Some people dont like bunny. But they was my first vendor. They helped me a lot with my soul crippling depression and they will always have a place in my heart. I actually really enjoy a lot of their strains.Spencemastaflex wrote:
Botanical bunny
- RubberToes
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 163
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:20 am
Re: STH Review
I have found B Bunny to be a great vendor and have really enjoyed most of his greens (I respond well to greens) some standouts last year, Wild Green, Jong Kong and Verde.Spencemastaflex wrote:I guess I could understand why some people wouldn't like them. Some of their stuff is hit or miss. I just end up ordering a lot from them, I feel comfortable ordering from them. Although I wish they were better at answering emailsMarcussk wrote:Some people dont like bunny. But they was my first vendor. They helped me a lot with my soul crippling depression and they will always have a place in my heart. I actually really enjoy a lot of their strains.Spencemastaflex wrote:
Botanical bunny
About to try the latest JK and found ordering and payment easy with Zelle - nice to know what you are getting with vendor and batch numbers.
Here are BB's lot codes
Lot 12 — Kratom Crumbs (KC)
Lot 13 - VLNT
Lot 14 - GGK (Fhietra)
Lot 17 - Frans Herb
-
Zeedra
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:23 pm
Re: STH Review
I ordered a kilo from sth when he reopened recently. so far i've only tried the og red kali, which i took for the first time today. seems ok so far, not blowing me away but I'll have to try it again a few more times to give it a real review. if something doesn't work, sth has a reputation for replacing it and that has held true in my experience, i've asked for a replacement for one strain back in january and he replaced it no questions asked. i've tried over 10 strains from him since december and almost everything i've gotten has been above average to very good. his feb batch of og red kali was very good, as well as his red glow from late feb (which i recently deemed as "not great" but i've changed my mind)
One thing I've noticed with STH is that for the majority of strains i try from him, they don't work well or at all the first time I try them. Don't know why. The second or third try is when I get an accurate assessment of the strain. I've only had one strain that wasn't really effective, and I've had a couple that were just average (red smile from feb is one of them).
the two strains from my kilo I have left to try are wild red borneo and red bali. I've heard his recent batch of red bali is very good, haven't seen any feedback for the borneo but i'm looking forward to trying both.
One thing I've noticed with STH is that for the majority of strains i try from him, they don't work well or at all the first time I try them. Don't know why. The second or third try is when I get an accurate assessment of the strain. I've only had one strain that wasn't really effective, and I've had a couple that were just average (red smile from feb is one of them).
the two strains from my kilo I have left to try are wild red borneo and red bali. I've heard his recent batch of red bali is very good, haven't seen any feedback for the borneo but i'm looking forward to trying both.
-
oohger
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Re: STH Review
"as well as his red glow from late feb (which i recently deemed as "not great" but i've changed my mind)
One thing I've noticed with STH is that for the majority of strains i try from him, they don't work well or at all the first time I try them. Don't know why. The second or third try is when I get an accurate assessment of the strain."
Same here on the red glow. I have no idea what the blend is but it has been in the rotation for chillin' at night and then providing a great sleep. For me anyway.
One thing I've noticed with STH is that for the majority of strains i try from him, they don't work well or at all the first time I try them. Don't know why. The second or third try is when I get an accurate assessment of the strain."
Same here on the red glow. I have no idea what the blend is but it has been in the rotation for chillin' at night and then providing a great sleep. For me anyway.
-
Damen ck
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 404
- Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm
Re: STH Review
Smiley has so many strains, I wouldn't write them off if you don't like a few of them. I've had some meh strains from them, personally I wasn't wowed by the wild green bota but I'd give it more than a 1. I liked their smile and glow strains, those were pretty consistent across the spectrum. (The red glow is great as was said by another poster, also the green glow and white smile). Other than that, I think a good method is to order ones that have a MAX amount, those you know are relatively popular since they sell a lot of it and have a better likelihood of being good. That's how I look at it anyway, and it's worked well for the most part. They're super cheap with the free shipping so I think it's worth it to try out more than 4 strains.
-
Bestboy143
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 pm
Re: STH Review
Funny. On average I have the same thing with Smiley, and most vendors now that I think about it. 2 are usually very good. One is alright and one does nothing for me. It's a pain and a waste, but it's just part of the kratom game.
-
Vintage964
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 am
Re: STH Review
Damen ck wrote:Smiley has so many strains, I wouldn't write them off if you don't like a few of them. I've had some meh strains from them, personally I wasn't wowed by the wild green bota but I'd give it more than a 1. I liked their smile and glow strains, those were pretty consistent across the spectrum. (The red glow is great as was said by another poster, also the green glow and white smile). Other than that, I think a good method is to order ones that have a MAX amount, those you know are relatively popular since they sell a lot of it and have a better likelihood of being good. That's how I look at it anyway, and it's worked well for the most part. They're super cheap with the free shipping so I think it's worth it to try out more than 4 strains.
I've had dozens and dozens of strains from him over the past 2 years. I have 25 in my freezer right now (most in the "bottom drawer"). I think I've got a good handle on what to expect and I'll continue using him, but I've wasted so much money on weak strains I've started researching what others are getting (and liking) from him and other vendors.
-
Kckruse
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:09 am
Re: STH Review
Which vendor is STH?
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: STH Review
Smiley time herbalsKckruse wrote:Which vendor is STH?
-
jabro70
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am
Re: STH Review
The Baik Bali didn’t blow me away on the first burn, but the Yellow Sam is impressing the hell out of me!
I’ve got Red Smile and OG Red Kali left to try.
I’ve got Red Smile and OG Red Kali left to try.
-
Damen ck
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 404
- Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm
Re: STH Review
Just curious, why do you freeze it? Did someone tell you to do it that way? I suppose it wouldn't hurt, just seems like an extra unnecessary step.Vintage964 wrote:
I've had dozens and dozens of strains from him over the past 2 years. I have 25 in my freezer right now (most in the "bottom drawer"). I think I've got a good handle on what to expect and I'll continue using him, but I've wasted so much money on weak strains I've started researching what others are getting (and liking) from him and other vendors.
Keeping it a dry, dark place is enough to keep it for years. And some people also vacuum seal to further ensure freshness. Do you keep it tightly sealed in the freezer? I would be worried about humidity over time.
-
Vintage964
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 am
Re: STH Review
I read keeping it in a freezer can not only preserve it, but can also be a "potentiater" (makes it stronger). I wouldn't say I've seen that, but does seem a good way to store. I have batches over a year old in the freezer that I've rediscovered (they didn't work the first few times, but for whatever reason they did later on)Damen ck wrote:Just curious, why do you freeze it? Did someone tell you to do it that way? I suppose it wouldn't hurt, just seems like an extra unnecessary step.Vintage964 wrote:
I've had dozens and dozens of strains from him over the past 2 years. I have 25 in my freezer right now (most in the "bottom drawer"). I think I've got a good handle on what to expect and I'll continue using him, but I've wasted so much money on weak strains I've started researching what others are getting (and liking) from him and other vendors.
Keeping it a dry, dark place is enough to keep it for years. And some people also vacuum seal to further ensure freshness. Do you keep it tightly sealed in the freezer? I would be worried about humidity over time.
-
Vintage964
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 am
Re: STH Review
What effects do you get from the Yellow Samarinda?jabro70 wrote:The Baik Bali didn’t blow me away on the first burn, but the Yellow Sam is impressing the hell out of me!
I’ve got Red Smile and OG Red Kali left to try.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: STH Review
Yeah freezer is definitely not recommending and surely not a potentiator used for storage alone. I will make doses stronger if you use the freezer red bubble method... Maybe that's what you read about?! I'd def remove your large stash from freezer tho.... Just store somewhere dark and cool like a basement, closet, or something like that. Freezer leaves from for massive amounts of moisture which is public enemy number one for storing this awesome leaf!Vintage964 wrote:I read keeping it in a freezer can not only preserve it, but can also be a "potentiater" (makes it stronger). I wouldn't say I've seen that, but does seem a good way to store. I have batches over a year old in the freezer that I've rediscovered (they didn't work the first few times, but for whatever reason they did later on)Damen ck wrote:Just curious, why do you freeze it? Did someone tell you to do it that way? I suppose it wouldn't hurt, just seems like an extra unnecessary step.Vintage964 wrote:
I've had dozens and dozens of strains from him over the past 2 years. I have 25 in my freezer right now (most in the "bottom drawer"). I think I've got a good handle on what to expect and I'll continue using him, but I've wasted so much money on weak strains I've started researching what others are getting (and liking) from him and other vendors.
Keeping it a dry, dark place is enough to keep it for years. And some people also vacuum seal to further ensure freshness. Do you keep it tightly sealed in the freezer? I would be worried about humidity over time.
-
jabro70
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am
Re: STH Review
The Yellow Samarinda was a faster yellow for me with a great mood boost. Had some pain relief as well. Kinda like being motivated as hell, but mentally relaxed, pain free, and in a great mood all at the same time.Vintage964 wrote:What effects do you get from the Yellow Samarinda?jabro70 wrote:The Baik Bali didn’t blow me away on the first burn, but the Yellow Sam is impressing the hell out of me!
I’ve got Red Smile and OG Red Kali left to try.
-
MycatTimmy
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 517
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: STH Review
I’ve heard a lot of people mention their Glow and Smile strains. Can anyone tell me what those are like ? I’ve never ordered from them before. Thanks
-
Vintage964
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 am
Re: STH Review
Ive tried two different batches of white smile and didn’t get anything from them. Just my experience.MycatTimmy wrote:I’ve heard a lot of people mention their Glow and Smile strains. Can anyone tell me what those are like ? I’ve never ordered from them before. Thanks
-
Zeedra
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:23 pm
Re: STH Review
the last batch of glow i had was from early February and it's really good, it's a classic red experience, starts off warm and euphoric and gets pretty sedating a couple hours into the dose.MycatTimmy wrote:I’ve heard a lot of people mention their Glow and Smile strains. Can anyone tell me what those are like ? I’ve never ordered from them before. Thanks
the red smile from the same order was just a bit weak and gave me some anxiety when it wore off rather than sedation. definitely not bunk though, and i'm sure the batches have changed anyway so it's worth a try.
the most recent order i had also had really good OG red kali that reminded me a lot of the red glow