My top Reds from recent history- MM, Liza's, Smiley & more!

User submitted reviews for kratom vendors and strains. In order to help people find what they're looking for quickly, all posts in this section are for reviews only.
Forum rules
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.

This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.

Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
Post Reply
Klyded
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 pm

My top Reds from recent history- MM, Liza's, Smiley & more!

Post by Klyded »

I've been ordering like a fool the last few months since coming here!! :D

I feel like anyone who finds their way here can't help but go through this phase!! LOL

Anyhow, I thought since I'm a tried and true slave to red's and making multiple posts would be a bit much, I would post my pleasures of the last 30-60 days in one thread.

Mitra Man : Red Horn : This is a fantastic red for me to blend into daytime strains for additional duration, analgesic qualities and to take the "edge" off the over abundance of energy I sometimes get. The mood lift isn't incredible but it makes up for that with the aforementioned qualities in spades making it my fav. red MM pick! I will call this a "just right" red for me without being over the top.

Botanical Bunny: Red MD Kapuas : I actually got this one based on a review here on the forums and just.. wow.. heavy body and elation to boot. Great night-time as well as fine mix into any other strains to make an evening blend for sure!

TFH : Red Elephant : This was the first TFH I tried in the recent open event and jiminey-crickets the legends were true!! Long lasting and impervious to negative feelings in both mind and body with zero edge even at low low doses. Perfect evening strain for me if ever there was one. If this is any sign of what I have to expect from other TFH strains I acquired than I can't sing their praise enough! Bonus points for superb and personal customer service despite how overwhelmed with business they must be at present.

Smiley's : Red Smile : This is the very definition of a daytime red mood boost for me. I can't state more plainly how perfectly this suits me for making art for hours and staying attentive and focused the entire time without any nervous energy. Daytime red's that are appropriate are tough for me to find because there is such a fine line between relaxed and sedated. USUALLY I need to make my own blend to pull off what I am going for (that is where the above mentioned MM Red Horn comes in!!) but Smiley's RS seems to put me RIGHT where I want to be.

Fused Flora : Red Aceh : I already wrote a full review of the RA from FF so I won't repeat myself here but rather take the opportunity to state EVERYTHING I tried from FF is top notch as well. I am part of small social circle whom use Kratom as well and it is totally worth noting they all adored what I shared with them from FF. Top it off with an awesome dude I love giving my business to and well.... enough said ;)

MOST RECENT HISTORY: Need more time to compare and contrast but....

Liza's Botanical: Red Headed Step Child: It wakes me up but keeps me calm as cucumber. My mind gets active and the body does not. This is, once again, the hallmark of a "hard to find/nail" red for me and RHSC doesn't just achieve this but does so with potency. MUCH more mood improvement than analgesic qualities but that is A' ok considering how pleasurable the "aroma" proves to be here. Segways nicely into evening but not necessarily one I would fall asleep on.

Denette: Red Milk : I cannot wait to try more from Denette because I brief trial with red milk has me floored. A VERY unique property here is INSANE cognitive stimulation/motivation. Inspiration in fine ground powder form. Freakin' awesome is the bottom line here. If staying up late playing video games is a good time for anyone else RM could be a kid glove fit!! Potent as well- along with TFH, I get away with reduced grams per dose with this one I believe (only been at it a few days with RM so it COULD be a low tolerance to this particular variety I suppose but it doubt that is the case)

Alrightee- that concludes my top red line-up at the moment. Runners up/ Honorable mentions include:

Smiley's : Wild Red Borneo for the day and Red Sunda for the night
Botanical Bunny : Rojo Loco either day or night and POTENCY +
Mitra Man : Red Elephant for the evening

EDIT: Special shout out here to Liza's for being sweet as pie to me. My e-mail address went ballistic and tried to resend/spam Liza's all on it's own (to my embarasment) and not only was she awesome and fast with the initial correspondence but was totally cool and understanding of my wonky e-mail issues :lol:
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: My top Reds from recent history- MM, Liza's, Smiley & mo

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

Have you had any which you did not like and should avoid?
Klyded
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 pm

Re: My top Reds from recent history- MM, Liza's, Smiley & mo

Post by Klyded »

IndelibleDotInk wrote:Have you had any which you did not like and should avoid?
Wouldn't go so far as to say "dislike"- I picked up quite a bit and in terms of the reds none were a total let down. So I would NOT say I felt any would qualify as "avoid" whatsoever. In fact, that is WHY I put the runner's up list -LOL

Now, I did pick up a ton of other colors and this thread was only about the reds. I am super fond of the right leaf for the right job and I don't discriminate even though red is my favorite. So perhaps I am prone to finding quality red always appreciable, while I have had some misses in the green's yellow's white's and gold's (albeit NOT many)

Mitra Man : Liked everything I tried ( Red Horn, Elephant, PMD, Gold MD, Yellow Sunda, Gold Borneo) with the exception of the Yellow Sunda. Just fell very flat for me. To be fair, I have hit the yellow sunda pretty hard for a VERY long time from various vendors so theoretically that could have something to do with it?

Botanical Bunny: PMD felt very edgy to me. I know it's well reviewed and getting it's job done but lends anxious energy. The Yellow was a far cleaner "perfect" feeling. White MD Jong Kong was also over the top for me- just too energizing.

Smiley : Once again, out of 8 strains none flat out sucked. Green Nano was my "over the top" pick here without other accompanying qualities to outweigh the anxious notes. I noted a bit of nausea but maybe I was having a bad ulcer-day as that happens from time to time.

Fused Flora : Funny but both my favorite favorites and least favorite came by way of FF. That said, out of 11 strains (4 yet to be tried) only the Green Malaku fell totally flat for me. Got me comfy as kratom does with NO ill effects but that was that. And since we are talking other colors... I will note White Maeng Da was stellar- the ultimate "get the job done" effect which is what I hope for in a white MD.

As stated I need more time with trial and error with Liza's Botanicals and Denette to speak further on those two but my initial impressions were nothing but fantastic.

Now, this reply illustrates how subjective Kratom reviews can be. So to complete the package so you know what background I had before these glorious last few months after finding Double M ( began lurking on the hunt for better leaf around January/Febuary)... Leaf of Life (not bad but not what I'm getting out of these listed), Kreed Botanicals (Great people with great customer service, white sumatra was lovely but not of the caliber listed above), Golden Monk - before their product apparently became rough- gotta say, some of the GM's strains were REALLY potent for me (Super Malay Green, Red Sumatra) but STILL doesn't
compare, pur kratom, coastline kratom, Kratom Crazy and happy hippo (happy hippo DOES have some total home run hits for me)... longer ago yet, Mitragaia aaaaaand of couse head shops.

So at the end of the day it's more so vendors I would advise against in terms of quality looooooong before strains. This review SHOULD illustrate that if nothing else. I have every bit of confidence saying that in terms of quality, Smiley's, BB, FF and MM are on point and not moving junk whatsoever.

EDIT: TFH is not mentioned in this reply because they are also most recent history for me. Only had little time to try 4 strains from what I picked up and there is NO doubt that anyone putting out the quality of what I tried can possibly be pushing a total "miss". I honestly wasn't sure what to believe in terms of the rumored quality before trying this open event but it is a cut above to say the least. This being such a well circulated fact around these parts, it seemed silly to state the obvious- but i am anyhow!
Post Reply