Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

User submitted reviews for kratom vendors and strains. In order to help people find what they're looking for quickly, all posts in this section are for reviews only.
Forum rules
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.

This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.

Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
Post Reply
mistertater
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:43 pm

Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by mistertater »

I started at a low serving size and worked my way up each dose over the course of a couple days. This was my first time not using capsules and will probably be the only review I use an AeroPress - that was kind of a bust.

30 Year Wild TFH IR14

1st - 1g in boiling water with lemon juice. Steeped 10 minutes, aero press but some powder got through filter. Very very mild effects after 20 min, faded quickly. I have to really pay attention to notice anything. Felt very tense and got a headache after about an hour.

2nd - 2g steeped in boiling water with 1 tsp lemon juice for 20 minutes, then aero press. Very mild relaxation after about 45 minutes. Slightly warm feeling. Mild pain/stress relief. Headache and strong shoulder/neck tension starts after about an hour and a half.

3rd - 3g steeped in 185° water for 4 hours in a thermos with 1 tsp lemon juice, ran through Aeropress twice. Tea is clear but a reddish tan color, like a green tea that steeped too long. Started feeling relaxed after about an hour. No change in mood, energy is 0/10. Effects last about 45 minutes then start to fade into headache. Some feelings of stress and tension, but not as bad as at 1g or 2g.

4th - 3.5g steeped in boiling water for 3 minutes, no lemon. Gave up on the AeroPress and strained through tea strainer into glass. Stronger effects start after about 30 minutes. Very relaxed for about an hour then starts to fade. No mood lift, not sleepy, just relaxed. Still very clear headed. After about 2-2.5 hours feeling is gone. No headache, started getting a little tense around 3rd hour but not too bad.

5th - 4.2g steeped 5 minutes, no lemon. Drank on empty stomach then ate shortly after. Starting around 45 minutes a very strong warm feeling fades in and out. Around 2 hours warm feeling is gone. Started feeling slightly sedated but goes away if I get up and move around. Hard to focus. Effects start to fade after about 2.5 hours.

For me this was a very relaxing strain, definitely best for evenings or blending. Not talkative, no mood lift, zero energy, moderate pain relief. Not sure why it causes me to tense up in my shoulders and neck - could be from lower dose, could be AeroPress? Could also just be the strain.
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

I used to do only capsules myself because I can’t do t&w anymore but then I got worried that I was missing out on the t&w experience ie, rapid onset, stronger burns. So now I use oblate bags. I’m seriously thinking of getting an Aeropress as Ace and Ballz make tea sound so good. Was that the only strain you tried to make tea out of ? And was it a failure because of the headaches ? Plus how does the tea taste ? I’m a Kool-aid drinker and I’m not sure if I could learn to get used to tea. I don’t want to invest in an Aeropress if another capsule taker didn’t like it. Thanks for letting me pick your brain. Sorry for all the questions but I don’t run into other capsule takers that often
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by Marcussk »

MycatTimmy wrote:I used to do only capsules myself because I can’t do t&w anymore but then I got worried that I was missing out on the t&w experience ie, rapid onset, stronger burns. So now I use oblate bags. I’m seriously thinking of getting an Aeropress as Ace and Ballz make tea sound so good. Was that the only strain you tried to make tea out of ? And was it a failure because of the headaches ? Plus how does the tea taste ? I’m a Kool-aid drinker and I’m not sure if I could learn to get used to tea. I don’t want to invest in an Aeropress if another capsule taker didn’t like it. Thanks for letting me pick your brain. Sorry for all the questions but I don’t run into other capsule takers that often
Tea unfortunately doesn't work for everyone and different people take tea different ways. Most people take their kratom powder and put in lime juice, citric acid or a little bit of acv and let that sit for about 10 to 20 min. Then add in an oz per g of 170-185° water and ket the kratom steep for about 30 minutes. At this point you can run it through the aeropress using a metal or paper filter(personally I like the metal ones). This process makes most of the alkaloids bioavailable by breaking down the cell walls. A lot if people at this point just drink the tea, some people ad flavoring like maple sugar, honey or Mio. Me I put the plant matter back in to the tea, shake it up and drink that. I feel like my burns are stronger with the plant matter still in the tea, and my burns are actually stronger now than when I used to toss and wash
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

I found this recipe on Kratom Science and that person found it on Reddit. I haven’t charged anything to give the original author but I’m sure most people would want to make some changes, like weighing out their dose etc


to send it to us to post!)

Reddit User ghoooooooooost:
I recommend making this at night before bed. It will be ready for you in the morning.
Ingredients

1 cup water
1 spearmint teabag
1 chamomile teabag
2 teaspoons kratom
sugar, honey or artificial sweetener to taste
1 teapot (I use something like this)
Double/triple/etc. the quantities to make a bigger batch.

Instructions

Boil water in a kettle.
Put both teabags and kratom in the teapot and pour boiling water over top.
Let it steep for 20-30 minutes.
Remove teabags.
Put teapot in fridge and let it sit overnight. Kratom will settle to the bottom.
In the morning, slowly pour the tea into a glass. Be sure to stop pouring once you notice the plant matter is about to come out of the spout. There will be a layer of kratom sludge left in the teapot—just dump it down the sink.
Sweeten tea and drink! (I like to use two packets of Sweet’N Low.)
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

Thanks Marcussk I’ve been wondering about the citric acid. Does it taste like lemon ? And is that or lime juice essential to the quality of the tea or is that just a preference thing ?
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by acejestyr15 »

MycatTimmy wrote:Thanks Marcussk I’ve been wondering about the citric acid. Does it taste like lemon ? And is that or lime juice essential to the quality of the tea or is that just a preference thing ?
Yes citric acid is basically powdered lemon concentrate.... And some type of acid is absolutely essential especially to making tea IMHO!! It's breaks down cell walls and allows for faster/easier/better absorption.
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

Does the tea taste anything like Liptons ? Or is it as vile tasting as the powder. Sorry for all the questions but I really want tea to work for me. Unfortunately I’ve stuck pretty much to Koolaid for the past few years and I’m afraid it ruined my taste for anything else
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by brave777 »

MycatTimmy wrote:Does the tea taste anything like Liptons ? Or is it as vile tasting as the powder. Sorry for all the questions but I really want tea to work for me. Unfortunately I’ve stuck pretty much to Koolaid for the past few years and I’m afraid it ruined my taste for anything else

Lol, high corn fructose in lipton is high metal content, i dont even know how people drink that shit, it taste nasty and it also full of sugar, its not tea, it should be called sweet sugar boms. The only one makes my teeth hurt. Real tea when you use any herbs to make it and add your own honey or organic sugar to how much sweet you want it. And you wont have any teeth hurting issue. Koolaid i decided to stay away 10 years ago, to much artificial cancer giving colors. But to each their own. Me personaly especially with corona, you have to be 100% to not consume something that lowers your immune or gives you cancer products. Especially when hospitals are over filled and when you get problems you wont have anywhere to go.. Got to be very careful what we consume these 2 months until everything comes back to normal. Just my thoughts.
Kratom user since 2014!
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by acejestyr15 »

MycatTimmy wrote:Does the tea taste anything like Liptons ? Or is it as vile tasting as the powder. Sorry for all the questions but I really want tea to work for me. Unfortunately I’ve stuck pretty much to Koolaid for the past few years and I’m afraid it ruined my taste for anything else
I personally like the taste of at least 90percent of my teas and I drink 3 sometimes even 4 cups a day... Only way I dose my kratom since the New Year!!! I only use citric acid while brewing and if it turns out to be one of the very rare bitter cups than I add some Organic Maple Sugar and Honey to it and it smoothes it right out for me personally. But to each their own.... I don't like sweet sugary stuff at all, but I do love sour/tart stuff so I tend to use more citric acid or even lemon juice than most ppl cuz I like the sourness. Give it a try.... Worst that happens is you have to cringe drinking that one cup of tea, right?!
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

Your right y’all. I need to get off the koolaid. It’s the only sugar I eat but even then it’s waaaay too much. It’s an addiction that I need to stop. Thanks everyone for letting me pick your brains. Y’all have definitely inspired me !
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

Sorry for hijacking your thread Mistertater. That red of TFH wasn’t my fav either though no headaches from it. But the 30 year Wild Red IR3 is fantastic ! I’ve really been enjoying it. It’s sedating, great for pain with a little euphoria to it. It’s one of my favorites !
Closedeyesearch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by Closedeyesearch »

:( yes. i bought multiple TFH that have yet to hit.
I picked up 30yrtfh off recommendation of gumby. was a little bummed .
legit got 3 splits and at this point only like 3 gems but many had first burn syndrome (after 1st burn effects fiddled out gradually)
hoping they age like wine. (I bought mason jars and stashed them in a bookshelf)
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by brave777 »

Closedeyesearch wrote::( yes. i bought multiple TFH that have yet to hit.
I picked up 30yrtfh off recommendation of gumby. was a little bummed .
legit got 3 splits and at this point only like 3 gems but many had first burn syndrome (after 1st burn effects fiddled out gradually)
hoping they age like wine. (I bought mason jars and stashed them in a bookshelf)
Try blending TFH, it adds that first time burn to your other blends, test my theory. So far i love blending TFH stuff, on its own i take some of his gems but most of them i enjoy blending.
Kratom user since 2014!
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

1st Burn Syndrome

Post by MycatTimmy »

Closedeyesearch wrote::( yes. i bought multiple TFH that have yet to hit.
I picked up 30yrtfh off recommendation of gumby. was a little bummed .
legit got 3 splits and at this point only like 3 gems but many had first burn syndrome (after 1st burn effects fiddled out gradually)
hoping they age like wine. (I bought mason jars and stashed them in a bookshelf)
This term really struck a chord with me. Could you or anyone else elaborate on this topic ? I thought maybe it was just my own tolerance issues as it’s happened to me multiple times over the past six months with different vendors and strains. Is this a tolerance issue, strain issue or what. I’ve only been taking Kratom for a year and this is the first time I’ve heard this term
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

Sorry I’ll start a new post
Closedeyesearch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by Closedeyesearch »

what terms are u confused about?
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

This was the first time I’ve heard the term and I just wanted to make sure that I knew the definition. Does it mean that the first time you try it it’s good but then all subsequent attempts are bad ? I just didn’t want to use the term incorrectly. Thanks for your help
Tree
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by Tree »

I loved this one for a moodlifting red.
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Strain Review - 30 Year Wild TFH IR14

Post by MycatTimmy »

Just wanted to update. I had said the IR14 wasn’t a favorite. But yesterday I tried it at a much lower dose, 3g and it was really enjoyable. Very mood lifting. And wasn’t very sedating at all. More calming I would say. Knocked my anxiety right down. I’d say a very calming, anxiety reducing strain with long legs.
Post Reply