New to kratom and need advice
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
New to kratom and need advice
Hello everyone, I am new to kratom and need advice. I was a heroin addict for 10 years, then started a methadone program for 7 years. I decided to wean myself off the methadone and finally took my last dose two days ago. I thought this was going to be easy, but boy was I wrong. I started doing some research and read about kratom and want to give it a shot. But I have no idea who to order from, what dosage to take, or what the benefits of each color/strain are. I was in a bad car accident so I have severe chronic pain, and I also suffer from extremely high anxiety. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Well TFH is having an event right now so they should be your first shot at putting in a order since they will not be selling after the end of the month. And their kratom is excellent.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4639
Beyond Texas Family Harvest I have really likes the leaf I have gotten from
Botanical Bunny
https://botanicalbunny.com/
Fused Flora
https://fusedflora.com/collections/all
Mitraman (temporarily closed due to a large amount of orders)
https://mitraman.com/
Soultanic Greenery (MeWe vendor)
https://www.soultanic.com/store/?wppb_cpm_redirect=yes
Soul sell leaf and when he puts it up it sells fast, he has some in stock right now but it wont be there long
Heavenleaf (MeWe vendor)
Email amagdalene at [email protected]
For ordering information.
Generally grees and whites are supposed to give more energy and reds give more pain relief. But strains aren't really a real thing so you just got to order a few things and try them out. That said I have liked all the reds I have gotten from TFH
For more info on kratom itself check out
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2931
Hope this helps you some.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4639
Beyond Texas Family Harvest I have really likes the leaf I have gotten from
Botanical Bunny
https://botanicalbunny.com/
Fused Flora
https://fusedflora.com/collections/all
Mitraman (temporarily closed due to a large amount of orders)
https://mitraman.com/
Soultanic Greenery (MeWe vendor)
https://www.soultanic.com/store/?wppb_cpm_redirect=yes
Soul sell leaf and when he puts it up it sells fast, he has some in stock right now but it wont be there long
Heavenleaf (MeWe vendor)
Email amagdalene at [email protected]
For ordering information.
Generally grees and whites are supposed to give more energy and reds give more pain relief. But strains aren't really a real thing so you just got to order a few things and try them out. That said I have liked all the reds I have gotten from TFH
For more info on kratom itself check out
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2931
Hope this helps you some.
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Thank you Marcussk, I will definitely check out TFH. Is there a particular reason they won't be selling after the end of the month? Do you have any particular favorites from them or the other vendors you listed?
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Also, what is MeWe?
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: New to kratom and need advice
TFH is a members only vendor, but they open up to doublem members about twice a year for an ordering event.Ablackburn86 wrote:Thank you Marcussk, I will definitely check out TFH. Is there a particular reason they won't be selling after the end of the month? Do you have any particular favorites from them or the other vendors you listed?
I haven't had a chance to try everything from the vendors I have ordered from recently so I dont have a lot of recommendations but I really enjoy all of the reds I have gotten from TFH and I really like their 24k bali, jade bali, and wild red hulu Kapuas. Premium Maeng Da lot 12-2001 from botanical bunny is one of my all time favorites. I think Mitraman is sold out, so I wont know anything about his new strains but all of his stuff is usually pretty great. Chocolate Kapuas and green hilir from fused flora have been my top 2 from them so far. I have loved everything from soul that I have gotten so I dont think you van go wrong with them, and if something doesn't work for you I almost guarantee someone will trade you for it. My top picks from heavenleaf have been the yellow terang and the super red jungle 3, but she just got some new shipments in and the PMDD6 and the PJK1 are supposed to be fire.
I hope you can find some stuff that will work for you, everyone's body chemistry is different so in the end you just hot to get some stuff and try. Its good to get stuff from several different vendors and rotate between them so you can keep tour tolerance low. Every batch is unique and has a different alkaloid profile, if you find one you like try to get more of that one, because when they get more it will most likely be different (even if it has the same name because the alkaloid profile changes between batches of leaf due to a multitude of reasons)
MeWe is a social app, similar to Facebook. I only learned about it myself somewhat recently from this forum. Just go to the app store on your phone and search for MeWe and you'll find it. If your on a computer just search www.mewe.com . Its super easy to sign up. Then just search for MeWe groups like fused flora and Mitraman botanicals. For heavenleaf you will have to search for amagdalene and ask her for an invitation.
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Thank you so much! You've been very helpful!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Definitely give tfh a try while you've got a chance. One of my very favorite vendors is rhino on mewe.
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Thanks herbalhippie. I just downloaded MeWe. What exactly do I search to find rhino? I'm still trying to figure out the app...
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: New to kratom and need advice
The good news? You're off opiates. Congrats! Now you're gonna LOVE kratom.. But! Bad news you must carefully watch your "dose" (we say Serving Size, lol its a supplement, not a "drug").. you'll enjoy a Honeymoon period with kratom for 1 month. After that, stick to a Low serving or risk tolerance, causing side effects and losing its magic...Ablackburn86 wrote:I was a heroin addict for 10 years, then started a methadone program for 7 years... took my last dose two days ago... I have severe chronic pain, and I also suffer from extremely high anxiety.
Read Reddit. Are you on Reddit? Read the Wiki and Kratom 101 there. https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/wiki/kratom101
OK, get some decent leaf. Thanks to Marcussk for those links! Find your Serving, the LTD = Lowest Threshold Dose where you "feel" kratom. Warning, My friends who have long dope addictions.. can't feel kratom.. they shrug and say Whats the big deal? I guess they are looking for heroin? Kratom ain't heroin... Never will be. Sorry. So, thats the ticket really - Get some good quality Green, like a Super Green. You may still have a tolerance after 10 years of opiates. You may need 4, 5, 6, grams? But still.. Get a Scale. Start at 3. Empty stomach. Hour later if you feel nothing? take 1 more gram. Next day? Start at 4 gram. Wait an hour... etc
For pain relief? Again.. Reddit to the rescue. After 1 month learning your kratom Serving, search Reddit for "Agmatine". That can be bought on Amazon, Agmatine Sulfate. It will increase the pain relief, And keep your kratom serving, nice and Low. Thats about it.. Good Luck! Remember find your LTD = Less is More. DO get a digital Scale (Amazon about $12).. Do NOT just use a spoon & shovel powder down. Many of us recommend, "Boil your Kratom" or learn how to Prep your powder & drink as a smoothie. Search Bar! "Red Bubble"
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Thanks so much Ballzdeep9! No I am not on reddit, but the link you provided looks very helpful. Is boiling it the most effective way to prepare it? A friend is mine said to just mix it with either orange juice or chocolate milk...
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: New to kratom and need advice
WELCOME Ablackburn86!
You made it you’ve came to a really great place this forum will teach You soo much anything and everything you’d like to know soo much information and good people its incredible.
Congratulations on putting the past behind you and this plant here /Kratom will allow you to live a functional life a lot happier one too thats for sure!
Get ready to learn a sh!t load and find comfort in life Kratom is a remarkable choice. Good luck and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask literally anyone on here.
Ttyl
You made it you’ve came to a really great place this forum will teach You soo much anything and everything you’d like to know soo much information and good people its incredible.
Congratulations on putting the past behind you and this plant here /Kratom will allow you to live a functional life a lot happier one too thats for sure!
Get ready to learn a sh!t load and find comfort in life Kratom is a remarkable choice. Good luck and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask literally anyone on here.
Ttyl
- Payshince
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Thank you Payshince! Everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful so far. I'm glad I stumbled onto this forum and am eager to begin this new journey.
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
After reading around on here, I see that a lot of people blend their different strains of kratom. How do you know what strains to blend? Is there a kind of generalized guideline, or is it just trial and error?
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: New to kratom and need advice
I always try a strain by itself until I get a good feel of its effects and keep notes of it in a binder where I keep track of all the strains I have on hand. Then I blend based on the effects that I want.Ablackburn86 wrote:After reading around on here, I see that a lot of people blend their different strains of kratom. How do you know what strains to blend? Is there a kind of generalized guideline, or is it just trial and error?
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Kratom IS, Raw powdered leaf, from trees in the Borneo jungle.. very possible there is bacteria in there? Monkey poo. Your choice. I say Boil your Kratom, but its really just: 1- Weigh or measure, into a coffee cup. 2- Pour very hot water, almost boiling, and stir. Cover the cup. Allow to cool. 3- Mix in some O.J. (any yummy juice, I like pineapple?) and.. Sit in fridge a couple hours.. bingo! Your raw powder is now sterilize & ready to CHUG, nice and cold! Add a squirt of MiO! Kratom don't really taste good hot lol


Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: New to kratom and need advice
I actually enjoy hot kratom with lemon, cold kratom is horrendous lolBallzDeep9 wrote:Kratom IS, Raw powdered leaf, from trees in the Borneo jungle.. very possible there is bacteria in there? Monkey poo. Your choice. I say Boil your Kratom, but its really just: 1- Weigh or measure, into a coffee cup. 2- Pour very hot water, almost boiling, and stir. Cover the cup. Allow to cool. 3- Mix in some O.J. (any yummy juice, I like pineapple?) and.. Sit in fridge a couple hours.. bingo! Your raw powder is now sterilize & ready to CHUG, nice and cold! Add a squirt of MiO! Kratom don't really taste good hot lol![]()
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Thank you Ballzdeep9, I can't wait for my first order to come in so I can try it. I ordered from TFH and MitraMan
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Just got my first shipment in from TFH. As far as boiling the kratom, is there a certain water temperature I'm looking for? I don't want to ruin my first batch of kratom, lol. Also, I've read about boiling it, making the frozen red bubble, and I saw a few people put it through an aeropress. What way is the best at getting the most out of the kratom?
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: New to kratom and need advice
I personally use an aero press to make tea on a regular basis...m and have also had great results with red bubble in past but I was still drinking the powder from red bubble those times fyi. Best water temp when boiling is 175 to 190°Ablackburn86 wrote:Just got my first shipment in from TFH. As far as boiling the kratom, is there a certain water temperature I'm looking for? I don't want to ruin my first batch of kratom, lol. Also, I've read about boiling it, making the frozen red bubble, and I saw a few people put it through an aeropress. What way is the best at getting the most out of the kratom?
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: New to kratom and need advice
It was thanks to acejestyr that I got an aeropress, and I do it the same way. I do add my powder back in though, I don't throw anything away. I swear my burns are stronger now than when I used to t&w.acejestyr15 wrote:I personally use an aero press to make tea on a regular basis...m and have also had great results with red bubble in past but I was still drinking the powder from red bubble those times fyi. Best water temp when boiling is 175 to 190°Ablackburn86 wrote:Just got my first shipment in from TFH. As far as boiling the kratom, is there a certain water temperature I'm looking for? I don't want to ruin my first batch of kratom, lol. Also, I've read about boiling it, making the frozen red bubble, and I saw a few people put it through an aeropress. What way is the best at getting the most out of the kratom?
-
NEFbotanicals
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:55 am
- Location: West Borneo
Re: New to kratom and need advice
i knew a man, he's addicted with drugs for more than 2 years. but thanks for kratom he's not addicted to drugs again
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Marcussk wrote:It was thanks to acejestyr that I got an aeropress, and I do it the same way. I do add my powder back in though, I don't throw anything away. I swear my burns are stronger now than when I used to t&w.acejestyr15 wrote:I personally use an aero press to make tea on a regular basis...m and have also had great results with red bubble in past but I was still drinking the powder from red bubble those times fyi. Best water temp when boiling is 175 to 190°Ablackburn86 wrote:Just got my first shipment in from TFH. As far as boiling the kratom, is there a certain water temperature I'm looking for? I don't want to ruin my first batch of kratom, lol. Also, I've read about boiling it, making the frozen red bubble, and I saw a few people put it through an aeropress. What way is the best at getting the most out of the kratom?
This is very smart, thinking to trow some useless kratom out is a mistake. Why not use your regular dose of what ever and use another bag that you like less to add on top of that to make it stand out better? I do got a section of meh kratom or needs more testing from me, I have not tried aeropress but i am very very tempted soon. It just seems to much work but in reality i know its not. And i am sure the red bubble thing will give me awesome vibes.. I might do that when they lockdown my state.
For now i am enjoying some garden time. And more and more neighbors next door's dinging now in garden, must be some thing serious.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
Ablackburn86
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
- Location: New Orleans
Re: New to kratom and need advice
Thanks for all of your insight guys. I think I will invest in an aeropress for sure. Right now I just been mixing it with lemon juice and almost boiling water, letting it steep, and then mixing that with orange juice to mask the taste. I think I need to mess around with the dosage. Since I've had so many years of heavy heroin use I think I might need more than the average person. I see that people usually do 2 to 3 servings a day. What is everyone's daily total amount?
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: New to kratom and need advice
My total right now is 20 gpd, it was closer to 60 a few months ago because I wasn't weighing my doses but I use a scale every time now. It was difficult but I've finally got my gpd down to 20 and the eventual goal is 11-14 gpd hopefully, but we will see. I take 6g at 9am, I redose 6g at 4pm to 7pm depending on the day, and i dose 8g for my last dose of the day around 11pm to 1230 depending on when i get home from work.Ablackburn86 wrote:Thanks for all of your insight guys. I think I will invest in an aeropress for sure. Right now I just been mixing it with lemon juice and almost boiling water, letting it steep, and then mixing that with orange juice to mask the taste. I think I need to mess around with the dosage. Since I've had so many years of heavy heroin use I think I might need more than the average person. I see that people usually do 2 to 3 servings a day. What is everyone's daily total amount?