Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
-
ConcernedMom420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am
Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
So for the past 5/6 days from one day to the next, my normal dose has given me 0 affects. I sometimes almost forget I even took anything. I have been extremely hydrated, getting lots of sleep, eating healthy, hitting the gym, everything..Has anyone found any true reason behind this?? A solution that worked wonders?? I read a post about it having to do with absorption and I feel it may be just that..how can I fix this and how can I go back to normal? I miss my old burns):
-
ConcernedMom420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
What could be causing the lack of absorption? Maybe lack of certain nutrients or something? I take vitamins!! So if anything, what could cause your body not to process the stuff?
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
How long have you been using kratom? What's your usual dose?
Same thing happened to me all of a sudden recently. Maybe not that I couildn't feel it at all, but it felt like 'less' if that makes sense. I switched from ranitidine back to cimetidine and that helped a bit. Bumped my dose up by a quarter gram and that helped too.
Same thing happened to me all of a sudden recently. Maybe not that I couildn't feel it at all, but it felt like 'less' if that makes sense. I switched from ranitidine back to cimetidine and that helped a bit. Bumped my dose up by a quarter gram and that helped too.
-
ConcernedMom420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
I take 4.5 grams twice a day, 5 grams again, and 6 grams at night. I don't even feel my 6 gram doses
-
ConcernedMom420
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 am
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
Also, have been taking kratom for a couple years upping and lowering my dose at different times and never have had this happen but for a few days adjusting doses when i lower them or was dehydrated
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
At those dose amounts and the amount of time you've been using kratom, my guess is you probably need a tolerance break.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
When the tolerance bug hits, it could be your body is just "used to" the same ol' kratom every day? So your dose just makes you feel "normal". Try stopping kratom for a day! IF you feel lousy, as expected, you're in withdrawals so... feeling normal, is better than NO kratom
BUT, that's what you may need... a break. Take a break for just 2-3 days. IF you can't do a cold turkey break... Taper Down. Drop 1 gram from each of your doses, 5 days straight. Starting at 6 - drop to 5. Next day 4. Next day 3... until you're at ZERO.
DO other stuff! On your 2, 1, zero days.. Have some Black Seed Oil, or do some Agmatine Sulfate. (Search on Reddit for that.) OR even take half a Vicodin? Or definitely pop 1 Ibuprofen!! Whatever helps you get through your Taper Down.
WHILE you're tapering down... Get some NEW kratom. Have it ready when you re-start. Get a few new different kinds. Now... AFTER your 2-day break, Start back at your Lowest Threshold Dose - LTD. Find and know your LTD - that's the lowest dose where you "feel" something.. Maybe around 2.5 grams? Maybe 3 grams?
WHEN you re-start after break... on your NEW kratom... it'll feel wonderful!!
Always rotate your strains. Try freezing your dose (Search for Red Bubble!) Try making some Tea (I love my Tea ice cold!) Try some Turmeric, along with your kratom... ALL this stuff works! Good Luck!!
BUT, that's what you may need... a break. Take a break for just 2-3 days. IF you can't do a cold turkey break... Taper Down. Drop 1 gram from each of your doses, 5 days straight. Starting at 6 - drop to 5. Next day 4. Next day 3... until you're at ZERO.
DO other stuff! On your 2, 1, zero days.. Have some Black Seed Oil, or do some Agmatine Sulfate. (Search on Reddit for that.) OR even take half a Vicodin? Or definitely pop 1 Ibuprofen!! Whatever helps you get through your Taper Down.
WHILE you're tapering down... Get some NEW kratom. Have it ready when you re-start. Get a few new different kinds. Now... AFTER your 2-day break, Start back at your Lowest Threshold Dose - LTD. Find and know your LTD - that's the lowest dose where you "feel" something.. Maybe around 2.5 grams? Maybe 3 grams?
WHEN you re-start after break... on your NEW kratom... it'll feel wonderful!!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
CheefingChief
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
Ballz, as expected, hit the nail on the head. Usually when you stop feeling the effects of a 'regular' dose it has everything to do with tolerance. Opiates work the same way. Your mu opioid receptors can become stunted or damaged over extended use. And kratom works off those same receptors.
-
Apathycre8schaos
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
Oh man - Ballz! I was seriously about to post this very same question to you like, right now! I remember you telling me about how to do a t-break some time ago and was hoping to get a refresher course from you on the subject because I'm prepping myself for an extreme tapering down on my burn amount - I know I take too much when I see you guys posting your dosage amounts. Plus, I do miss the honeymoon stage which seemed to last a couple of years for me personally. ATM, with the STH leaf in me I AM feeling quite goid so all hope is definitely not lost. I'm leery of a total cold turkey approach or even going without because of potential wd symptoms - not excited about that experience in the least and would rather not go there. Thank you for this post - any other words of wisdom on supplementation and tapering processes you could give us? I'm going to be purchasing some stem and vein from STH because not only is it a great potentiator for kray but I've experienced that if you replace a few teaspoons of your normal dose with s&v and keep gradually replacing a part of your kray dose buy 1/2 tsp a day for a while eventually you can stop the s&v and still get effects from your much lowered leaf dosage. What do you think?
-
CheefingChief
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 pm
Re: Kratom Not Working? We NEED answers!!!
You could also try taking akuamma during your t break to help with withdrawal symptoms. Akuamma hit opioid receptors too, just not as strongly as kratom. I haven't tried this personally, but have heard from others who do. When I finally do take a t break I plan on trying it to see me through.