HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I dose 5g two to three times daily. I wonder if i should cut back so im just curious how often and how much everyone doses on here. And how long you have been taking kratom for so i can get an idea if im overdoing it. Ive been taking it for about a year but started at a real high dose to get off suboxone which the kratom really helped.
So im hoping everyone will share their regiment so we can all get an idea of how regular or irregular our doses are. Thanks
So im hoping everyone will share their regiment so we can all get an idea of how regular or irregular our doses are. Thanks
-
plumplump
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
gravystainonmyshirt wrote:I dose 5g two to three times daily. I wonder if i should cut back so im just curious how often and how much everyone doses on here. And how long you have been taking kratom for so i can get an idea if im overdoing it. Ive been taking it for about a year but started at a real high dose to get off suboxone which the kratom really helped.
So im hoping everyone will share their regiment so we can all get an idea of how regular or irregular our doses are. Thanks
im right about there with you. 4-6g 3 times a day. im doing a couple day break right now and when i come back to it i hope to try 2g of daytime burns and 4g for my night burn. i talked to a friend recently who said he cut down to .5g a dose, and feels that he is getting great benefits as far as reduced anxiety. which is one of the biggest reasons im taking it.
-
Tyler
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
It varies based on the day, but in general...
1 level tsp of a green in the morning.
After I get to work, 1 tsp of a different green in a cup of water and drink it like lukewarm tea for a few hours
In the afternoon, 1 tsp in a cup of water with a yellow or a different green or 50/50 based on if I'm tired or its a busy day at work.
In the late afternoon, 1 tsp in a cup of water of a yellow
After I get home from work, 1 tsp of a gold or red in a cup of water.
Then another 1 tsp an hour or so before bed.
I almost never take whites, they make me feel uneasy most of time and/or give me wobbles and I always mix my dose in a cup with a 16oz bottle of water then drink it like lukewarm tea (it's not for everyone lol)
I would take more than I do if I wasn't so sensitive to wobbles and nausea, I find the incremental dosing from drinking my dose like tea helps this greatly.
So around 6 tsp or 13g throughout the day, sometimes more sometimes less.
1 level tsp of a green in the morning.
After I get to work, 1 tsp of a different green in a cup of water and drink it like lukewarm tea for a few hours
In the afternoon, 1 tsp in a cup of water with a yellow or a different green or 50/50 based on if I'm tired or its a busy day at work.
In the late afternoon, 1 tsp in a cup of water of a yellow
After I get home from work, 1 tsp of a gold or red in a cup of water.
Then another 1 tsp an hour or so before bed.
I almost never take whites, they make me feel uneasy most of time and/or give me wobbles and I always mix my dose in a cup with a 16oz bottle of water then drink it like lukewarm tea (it's not for everyone lol)
I would take more than I do if I wasn't so sensitive to wobbles and nausea, I find the incremental dosing from drinking my dose like tea helps this greatly.
So around 6 tsp or 13g throughout the day, sometimes more sometimes less.
- DrFappingston
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I'm about the same as you and have been trying to cut back-- not necessarily because I need to, but just for my own benefit.
I take 5g 3x daily and sometimes 6g of a red at night. I've been tracking my doses for about a month and find that I average 15-21g/day, sometimes slightly more others slightly less.
I've been taking Kratom since January, I started at 6g and through some experimentation found that 5g is my sweet spot for most strains, some whites I'll go as low as 4g and reds are generally 6g if I'm looking for sedation. Sometimes instead of a full dose, I'll take a 2-3g "booster" 2-3 hours after my previous dose. Generally it's a minimum of 4 hours between each dose.
Through the week, that's usually 7a, 12p, 430-5p and then maybe a booster between 7 and 8, then if I think I could use it a red at around 11pm before bed.
Hope that helps
I take 5g 3x daily and sometimes 6g of a red at night. I've been tracking my doses for about a month and find that I average 15-21g/day, sometimes slightly more others slightly less.
I've been taking Kratom since January, I started at 6g and through some experimentation found that 5g is my sweet spot for most strains, some whites I'll go as low as 4g and reds are generally 6g if I'm looking for sedation. Sometimes instead of a full dose, I'll take a 2-3g "booster" 2-3 hours after my previous dose. Generally it's a minimum of 4 hours between each dose.
Through the week, that's usually 7a, 12p, 430-5p and then maybe a booster between 7 and 8, then if I think I could use it a red at around 11pm before bed.
Hope that helps
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I'm right there w/ gravystain, basically 5g twice a day.. I don't need it before bed, so rarely do a 3rd helping. Usually a 3rd is a booster in case the morning dose is weak or something.. Also sometimes the Evening dose is a Tea, or blend w/ cannabis extract
Tyler that's a lot of teaspoons, when do U find time to Eat Lunch? lol the food problem is major for me I gotta watch meals. And definitely a glass o' prune juice before bed yeah I'm an old retired dude haha
Good to see you here
Tyler that's a lot of teaspoons, when do U find time to Eat Lunch? lol the food problem is major for me I gotta watch meals. And definitely a glass o' prune juice before bed yeah I'm an old retired dude haha
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
Tyler
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:56 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
Appreciate it Ballz, I lurked for awhile and decided to start joining in.
I eat my lunch everyday with a cup of swamp water to wash it down
I eat my lunch everyday with a cup of swamp water to wash it down
-
jabro70
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I’m normally burning 3 times a day. Sometimes only twice. Morning and 4 hrs later doses are usually 3 to 4 g, but my evening doses occasionally hit 6 plus grams. Kinda depends on my day.
-
clueless vein
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 91
- Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
3.60-3.70g twice a day !
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
3.3g 4 times a day if I get up around 10-11.
If I get up earlier I'll end up taking a 5th dose of about 2.5g before bed.
If I get up earlier I'll end up taking a 5th dose of about 2.5g before bed.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
My dose has crept up lately but now is holding around .85, maybe 4 times/day. 5 on a bad day.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I'm on the heavy end. 25g average per day, usually I take 8 grams every six or so hours. I know it's a lot, just hard to keep the tolerance down, and it's still easily sustainable.
-
Madison808
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I fluctuate with my doses thru out the day. So sometimes I’ll take 2g and the next dose might be 4g. I don’t go past 4g per dose tho cuz I don’t want any wobbles. On the the weekends I take less doses so my total grams per day drop significantly during that time.
-
SuperRed_Cthulhu
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:47 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
3-6 grams a dose 2-3 times a day been doing a 5 gram and 6 gram dose lately. I definitely get better effects when I dose just 2 times, so I'm gonna stick with that for now. I think 5 grams 2 to 3 times a day is pretty normal.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
2-3x per day, but mostly just 2x.
Usually 8-10g of a white/green strain during the day, and 10-12g of red/gold at night. On really bad pain days, I may sneak an extra smaller dose in there somewhere, but I find my burns are so much better if I just stick to twice a day about 6-12 hours apart.
Usually 8-10g of a white/green strain during the day, and 10-12g of red/gold at night. On really bad pain days, I may sneak an extra smaller dose in there somewhere, but I find my burns are so much better if I just stick to twice a day about 6-12 hours apart.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
Usually 7-8 grams of a green, 8-10ish of most reds unless is unusually strong for a red. Most whites, yellows, golds or oranges? I just blend with.
Either 2 or 3 times a day, around 5 hours apart. Some times I just do 2 normal doses and a booster dose last.
Either 2 or 3 times a day, around 5 hours apart. Some times I just do 2 normal doses and a booster dose last.
-
Slapjack
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 am
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I dose every 3 hours, a teaspoon which is about 2 grams give or take. I’ve been doing this for 5 years. Never really miss a beat lol
-
Leaflover43
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 am
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I dose 3g 4 to 5 times per day. I use it for energy and chronic MS pain. So thankful for this plant-gave me my life back!
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I need to cutback.
Morning I will dose around 3 - 4 grams when I first wake up along with some coffee (normally around 7 or 8 AM). I dose again at around noon, another 2 - 3 grams. In mid afternoon (usually 3 or 4 PM), I will dose around 2 grams. Then at 7 or 8 PM I'll dose 4 - 5 grams. Depending on how I feel, I might end up dosing another 3 grams around 10 or 10:30.
So that's a total of a max around 17 grams, split up among 5 doses. Sometimes I'll do more on the weekends, usually 3 more grams (so like 20 g) in 6 doses. I do blends for every dose. The ratio of white, green, and red lean more towards white & green in the morning with a dab of red in there. Later in the day, the more red and benty red I use (never have any white after the 2nd or 3rd dose). By the time it's 7 or 8, it's a blend of entirely reds & golds (unless I can find a slow green).
I plan to do a real slow taper, starting in April, and quit kratom altogether by December when I get some time off. I will first start by making myself only do 3 doses with the same amount I'm used to and then go from there. I think it's better to dose left often with the same amount. Ofc this is anecdotal, and I'm not sure if this is even true with coming off any substance.
Morning I will dose around 3 - 4 grams when I first wake up along with some coffee (normally around 7 or 8 AM). I dose again at around noon, another 2 - 3 grams. In mid afternoon (usually 3 or 4 PM), I will dose around 2 grams. Then at 7 or 8 PM I'll dose 4 - 5 grams. Depending on how I feel, I might end up dosing another 3 grams around 10 or 10:30.
So that's a total of a max around 17 grams, split up among 5 doses. Sometimes I'll do more on the weekends, usually 3 more grams (so like 20 g) in 6 doses. I do blends for every dose. The ratio of white, green, and red lean more towards white & green in the morning with a dab of red in there. Later in the day, the more red and benty red I use (never have any white after the 2nd or 3rd dose). By the time it's 7 or 8, it's a blend of entirely reds & golds (unless I can find a slow green).
I plan to do a real slow taper, starting in April, and quit kratom altogether by December when I get some time off. I will first start by making myself only do 3 doses with the same amount I'm used to and then go from there. I think it's better to dose left often with the same amount. Ofc this is anecdotal, and I'm not sure if this is even true with coming off any substance.
-
Pete2000
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
One 7 gram dose in the early evening. Last year was 3 maybe 4 times a week, but with all the sampling this year it's been pretty much every day. Gonna make an effort to cut back a bit.
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I'm on the same page. While sometimes a little goes a long way, with chronic pain, a lot goes an even longer way. If the kratom is potent, I can take much less and so I generally look for strong reds that are well reviewed or even ones with extract thrown in.beathappening wrote:I'm on the heavy end. 25g average per day, usually I take 8 grams every six or so hours. I know it's a lot, just hard to keep the tolerance down, and it's still easily sustainable.
The Red Queen
-
Celph1488
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:29 am
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
4.5-6 grams 4-5 times a day
-
withoutbliss
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:29 pm
- Location: UT
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
1.2g mornings
1.5g afternoons
1.6g evenings
been alternating with 2tsp kava here n there, or as a combo
1.5g afternoons
1.6g evenings
been alternating with 2tsp kava here n there, or as a combo
- labdog03
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
7-8 grams, 2 or 3 times a day (usually 3 times)...I use Kratom for Chronic pain (replaced opiates), so it is what it is. I have just recently gotten a supply of M. Hirsuta, and I have lots of Stem and Vein already. So just trying to talk myself into a tolerance break combining the 2. I know my daily totals are high, but it still works great for me, and I have to do something or I can't function...keeping 5-6 hours between doses is key. I recently had a minor stroke (not sure there is a MINOR stroke if you ask me), and Kratom has been the only thing getting me through the anxiety and depression that just buried me afterwards. Never experienced anything like it. Ashwagandah helped a lot too.
I have been afraid to start my break due to the fact that if my pain gets too far ahead of me, it's really tough getting it back under control (if that makes any sense)? Does anyone have any experience with M. Hirsuta? Does it work OK for pain relief? Does it compare at all to Speciosa in that regard? Guess I will find out soon.
I have been afraid to start my break due to the fact that if my pain gets too far ahead of me, it's really tough getting it back under control (if that makes any sense)? Does anyone have any experience with M. Hirsuta? Does it work OK for pain relief? Does it compare at all to Speciosa in that regard? Guess I will find out soon.
-
Bestboy143
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
4-5 grams 3x a day. Usually 13.5 grams a day. Trying to go lower. 18 grams maybe once a week when my pain is driving me nuts at night. I'm down from 22 grams a day and it works 100 times better. Need at least 5-6 hours between doses to get good relief. Tough to do with chronic pain, but just have to remind myself it's worth the wait.
-
aqtgirly4u
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm
- Location: Kansas City Metro
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
2.5 - 3.0 gm usually twice per day.
-
DNA011001
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:34 am
- Location: United States
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
Varies, but between .5-2g, 3-5x/day. Anywhere from 2-5hrs in between doses. Usually start with 1g of a white when I wake up, 1g of a green when I get to work, then a 1.5-2g of a red in the evening. I sometimes take small doses of greens or whites 1 or 2x in the afternoon or early evening if it’s a busy day, as a booster. Mostly T&W, but sometimes I mix a bit in my coffee or tea and sip on it. Still working on my best schedule and methods.
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
7g - usually once per day - lately twice (to test new leaf).
-
Goat
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:13 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
One and a half grams three times a day with potentiators.
-
Melzyy
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:01 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
2.5 grams in the morning usually a blend of white/green
2.5 grams of a green around lunch
2.5 grams of a red evening/bedtime
2.5 grams of a green around lunch
2.5 grams of a red evening/bedtime
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
2 grams 4 times a day, sometimes 5 times if I'm having a rough day at work.
- Nadles
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:35 am
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I dose 8 Grams 3 times a day. No more then 30. I'm also pretty new to this and came into it with a bad tolerance from Suboxone unfortunately. I plan on trying to get down to 15 GPD max within the next 32 days. That's been the plan all along for me. Then reassess.
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
What kind of potentiators do you use? I use grapefruit juice, and ive heard of others so i just looked em up and found this info, pretty cool, i didnt know there were so many different natural ways to potentiate. I thought tagament and another i cant remember were the only other ways but apparently there are lots. Heres what i found.Goat wrote:One and a half grams three times a day with potentiators.
The Kratom Powder Potentiators
Grapefruit
Hiding behind the facade of your breakfast is a powerful strengthener in grapefruit. Grapefruit is an excellent Kratom potentiator because of it’s enzyme’s ability to break down substances like Kratom.
In doing so, the grapefruit allows for more Kratom to stay in the body longer due to the breaking down of the Kratom. A grapefruit alone or even a glass of grapefruit juice works the exact same way. I even know people who take their Kratom powder mixed with the grapefruit juice. You decide what’s best.
Chamomile Tea
One of my favorite potentiators, this tea helps enhance the relaxation effects of Kratom. In fact, chamomile tea is one of the most popular potentiators of Kratom powder and is used by a lot of people to establish a lengthier experience each dose.
If you are taking green or white strains of Kratom, which is usually used for energy, you may want to forego the chamomile and use another potentiator.
Turmeric
One of our community’s favorite potentiators, turmeric is said to make some of the biggest boosts in their Kratom dose each time when used together. This Indian spice does everything you need it to do to help your Kratom powder last longer both on your cupboard shelf, and in your body.
Cayenne Pepper
Honestly, I had heard about cayenne pepper for a while now, but in doing research for this article, I broke down and tried it for myself. The results were not what I was expecting.
Mix it directly into your dry Kratom dose and take together with water. One tip, please use sparingly, unless you have a high tolerance for spicy foods. I took a little too much and was on fire for the next 30 minutes. So small doses.
Overall, the cayenne pepper gave a tremendous spike in results, however, I didn’t notice that it lasted any longer than the usual Kratom dose. It definitely helped in potency, but not in time.
Watercress
Watercress is ultra-hydrated lettuce which has significant effects on potency in Kratom. Studies have shown there is a powerful cocktail in the minerals the lettuce contains. The watercress made my dose last a little longer than a normal Kratom dose, but I didn’t feel any specific spikes in effects.
Cat’s Claw
This odd sounding herb is comprised of alkaloids similar to the Kratom leaf itself. Because of this, it makes your Kratom more potent and last a little while longer than normal.
Akuamma Seed
The akuamma seed is one of the most disgusting potentiators I’ve experienced. The seed is a little bigger than your thumbnail and about as sturdy as a stone. In order for the potency to take effect, you must first grind the seeds (1 – 3 each dose) in your preferred grinder/food processor.
Take together with your Kratom dose and be prepared to gag like a momo. The bitter taste almost made me want to give it up altogether, but I withstood the bitterness just for you so I could write about it today.
The overall effects were stronger, however, I didn’t notice any longer lasting effects than usual.
For me, Akuamma isn’t worth it.
Magnesium
Not everyone likes using this one, however, I threw it in here because I’ve got something pretty important about tolerance levels to tell you.
While magnesium is known as a potentiator, not everyone uses it because it can have adverse effects on the body. It’s more known for it’s power in lowering tolerance levels than increasing Kratom power (even though it works well for both).
Use this with caution as you may see yourself paying more taxes to Prince John than you would normally pay that day.
-
The Relaxed Guy
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I’ve been using Kratom for 3 or 4 years. I average around 23g daily, based on the math for how many days kilos last me. Generally I dose about 4 times a day, but I don’t weight doses or stick to a consistent dosing schedule.
I just live life on a kilo by kilo basis. When one runs low, I order another. T&W when needed, and sometimes when not needed.
Side note. I need to cut out the unnecessary dosing, not sure why I do it. I can get by on 15g a day without issues. But for some reason I get this itch to take more at times.
If I’m gonna eat a large meal, I get this strong urge to delay eating for 30 minutes and take a scoop of kratom first, even if I already dosed two hours ago. I just don’t like committing to something where I know I can’t have any kratom for several hours, without first taking a scoop of kratom.
I just live life on a kilo by kilo basis. When one runs low, I order another. T&W when needed, and sometimes when not needed.
Side note. I need to cut out the unnecessary dosing, not sure why I do it. I can get by on 15g a day without issues. But for some reason I get this itch to take more at times.
If I’m gonna eat a large meal, I get this strong urge to delay eating for 30 minutes and take a scoop of kratom first, even if I already dosed two hours ago. I just don’t like committing to something where I know I can’t have any kratom for several hours, without first taking a scoop of kratom.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
The Relaxed Guy wrote:I’ve been using Kratom for 3 or 4 years. I average around 23g daily, based on the math for how many days kilos last me. Generally I dose about 4 times a day, but I don’t weight doses or stick to a consistent dosing schedule.
I just live life on a kilo by kilo basis. When one runs low, I order another. T&W when needed, and sometimes when not needed.
Side note. I need to cut out the unnecessary dosing, not sure why I do it. I can get by on 15g a day without issues. But for some reason I get this itch to take more at times.
If I’m gonna eat a large meal, I get this strong urge to delay eating for 30 minutes and take a scoop of kratom first, even if I already dosed two hours ago. I just don’t like committing to something where I know I can’t have any kratom for several hours, without first taking a scoop of kratom.
What do you scoop with? You may not be taking as much as you think?
-
instantKARMA
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 680
- Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I feel ya', labdog03...I've had chronic pain issues since '93 after a bad fall on the ice. Neck, shoulders, pelvis, lower back, you name it, the pain is there. I also completely replaced my opiate prescriptions with Kratom last year. I used to supplement my opiate pain reliever with Kratom until I began suffering from severe fatigue to accompany my pain issues. I've explained some of this before on another tread.labdog03 wrote:7-8 grams, 2 or 3 times a day (usually 3 times)...I use Kratom for Chronic pain (replaced opiates), so it is what it is. I have just recently gotten a supply of M. Hirsuta, and I have lots of Stem and Vein already.
I have been afraid to start my break due to the fact that if my pain gets too far ahead of me, it's really tough getting it back under control (if that makes any sense)? Does anyone have any experience with M. Hirsuta? Does it work OK for pain relief? Does it compare at all to Speciosa in that regard? Guess I will find out soon.
Anyway, since switching completely over to Kratom, it's worked wonders for me! It may sound cliche, but it gave my life back. I feel like I wasted the past 25 years on the couch. Now, I hike every single day 3-6 miles. I still wake up every damn morning in severe pain. I get up, I do the Kratom thing and I'm back in business. Right now I'm dosing at least six times every 24 hours, including middle of the night doses so I can sleep. I'm down to around 3.5 grams per dose but I have a lot of days that I have to follow it with another 3 or 4 grams an hour later to keep the pain at bay. I go through periods that I don't get that great mood boost, but I always seem to get that welcome pain relief. It's really difficult to do the taper routine cuz I know I'm gonna suffer for 4 or 5 days if I do! I haven't really tried any potentiates other than piperine and turmeric. I really didn't notice much difference. I finally stopped after reading that turmeric can increase the risk of kidney stones among other things. It is what is!
-
The Relaxed Guy
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
Well I don’t know how large each individual scoop is, because like I said, I don’t scale my doses.CatfatherB wrote: What do you scoop with? You may not be taking as much as you think?
I do know how much I use, on average, because 1 kilo lasts me about 42 days. It varies based upon the batch, but generally 1000g lasts me in the 40-45 day range. Which equates to around 23g daily.
To answer your question, I use whatever spoon is available. Sometimes a tablespoon, sometimes a teaspoon, sometimes a fork (if nothing’s handy). I go by eyeballing; I generally get a good “feel” for the density of a particular batch and adjust the scoop size accordingly. I think I’m usually in the 5g range.
-
Closedeyesearch
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:09 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
"If I’m gonna eat a large meal, I get this strong urge to delay eating for 30 minutes and take a scoop of kratom first, even if I already dosed two hours ago. I just don’t like committing to something where I know I can’t have any kratom for several hours, without first taking a scoop of kratom."
I do this also. I will not eat until I'm down dosing for the day.
I do this also. I will not eat until I'm down dosing for the day.
- SimonBcv
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
I do 1 gram doses, usually in the morning, during the day and in the evening on weekends I sometimes do 2 gram dose but try not to exceed 6 grams per day.
-
K-Dawg
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
- Location: TX
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
Really good thread guys
I've been taking kratom for a little over 3 months now, I made the an immediate switch from tramadol and Tylenol 3s to 5g twice a day. When my tolernce grew I found that taking 3.5g before breakfast/lunch/dinner was much more effective for managing my pain. After a recent back injury flare up I have been taking 2g doses in between regualr doses as needed fr extra pain.
On a side note: I have now been cycling Agmatine 500mg 1X/day for 3 weeks now. Lately my evening doses have given me borderline wobbles... is it possible that the Agmatine took this long to "lower my tolerance"??. I lowered dose to 3g 3Xtoday and had more enjoyable burns and great pain relief. Maybe it varies from week to week but the Agmatine may really be working.
I've been taking SOSA's string tied batch ,sample pack from Fused Flora and some Full Spectrum from MitraMan. All are incredible leaf!
I can't thank this community enough for the wealth of knowledge and experience..and the best vendors!
I've been taking kratom for a little over 3 months now, I made the an immediate switch from tramadol and Tylenol 3s to 5g twice a day. When my tolernce grew I found that taking 3.5g before breakfast/lunch/dinner was much more effective for managing my pain. After a recent back injury flare up I have been taking 2g doses in between regualr doses as needed fr extra pain.
On a side note: I have now been cycling Agmatine 500mg 1X/day for 3 weeks now. Lately my evening doses have given me borderline wobbles... is it possible that the Agmatine took this long to "lower my tolerance"??. I lowered dose to 3g 3Xtoday and had more enjoyable burns and great pain relief. Maybe it varies from week to week but the Agmatine may really be working.
I've been taking SOSA's string tied batch ,sample pack from Fused Flora and some Full Spectrum from MitraMan. All are incredible leaf!
I can't thank this community enough for the wealth of knowledge and experience..and the best vendors!
-K-Dawg
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN
When I discovered this forum and started dosing all these fire strains, I lowered my dosage by 50%.K-Dawg wrote:I found that taking 3.5g before breakfast/lunch/dinner was much more effective
3.5g is my new sweet spot too.