Page 1 of 1

New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm
by Ablackburn86
Hello everyone, I am new to kratom and need advice. I was a heroin addict for 10 years, then started a methadone program for 7 years. I decided to wean myself off the methadone and finally took my last dose two days ago. I thought this was going to be easy, but boy was I wrong. I started doing some research and read about kratom and want to give it a shot. But I have no idea who to order from, what dosage to take, or what the benefits of each color/strain are. I was in a bad car accident so I have severe chronic pain, and I also suffer from extremely high anxiety. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:50 pm
by Marcussk
Well TFH is having an event right now so they should be your first shot at putting in a order since they will not be selling after the end of the month. And their kratom is excellent.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4639

Beyond Texas Family Harvest I have really likes the leaf I have gotten from
Botanical Bunny
https://botanicalbunny.com/

Fused Flora
https://fusedflora.com/collections/all

Mitraman (temporarily closed due to a large amount of orders)
https://mitraman.com/

Soultanic Greenery (MeWe vendor)
https://www.soultanic.com/store/?wppb_cpm_redirect=yes
Soul sell leaf and when he puts it up it sells fast, he has some in stock right now but it wont be there long

Heavenleaf (MeWe vendor)
Email amagdalene at [email protected]
For ordering information.

Generally grees and whites are supposed to give more energy and reds give more pain relief. But strains aren't really a real thing so you just got to order a few things and try them out. That said I have liked all the reds I have gotten from TFH

For more info on kratom itself check out
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2931

Hope this helps you some.

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:48 pm
by Ablackburn86
Thank you Marcussk, I will definitely check out TFH. Is there a particular reason they won't be selling after the end of the month? Do you have any particular favorites from them or the other vendors you listed?

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:04 pm
by Ablackburn86
Also, what is MeWe?

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:19 pm
by Marcussk
Ablackburn86 wrote:Thank you Marcussk, I will definitely check out TFH. Is there a particular reason they won't be selling after the end of the month? Do you have any particular favorites from them or the other vendors you listed?
TFH is a members only vendor, but they open up to doublem members about twice a year for an ordering event.
I haven't had a chance to try everything from the vendors I have ordered from recently so I dont have a lot of recommendations but I really enjoy all of the reds I have gotten from TFH and I really like their 24k bali, jade bali, and wild red hulu Kapuas. Premium Maeng Da lot 12-2001 from botanical bunny is one of my all time favorites. I think Mitraman is sold out, so I wont know anything about his new strains but all of his stuff is usually pretty great. Chocolate Kapuas and green hilir from fused flora have been my top 2 from them so far. I have loved everything from soul that I have gotten so I dont think you van go wrong with them, and if something doesn't work for you I almost guarantee someone will trade you for it. My top picks from heavenleaf have been the yellow terang and the super red jungle 3, but she just got some new shipments in and the PMDD6 and the PJK1 are supposed to be fire.

I hope you can find some stuff that will work for you, everyone's body chemistry is different so in the end you just hot to get some stuff and try. Its good to get stuff from several different vendors and rotate between them so you can keep tour tolerance low. Every batch is unique and has a different alkaloid profile, if you find one you like try to get more of that one, because when they get more it will most likely be different (even if it has the same name because the alkaloid profile changes between batches of leaf due to a multitude of reasons)

MeWe is a social app, similar to Facebook. I only learned about it myself somewhat recently from this forum. Just go to the app store on your phone and search for MeWe and you'll find it. If your on a computer just search www.mewe.com . Its super easy to sign up. Then just search for MeWe groups like fused flora and Mitraman botanicals. For heavenleaf you will have to search for amagdalene and ask her for an invitation.

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:43 pm
by Ablackburn86
Thank you so much! You've been very helpful!

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:45 pm
by herbalhippie
Definitely give tfh a try while you've got a chance. One of my very favorite vendors is rhino on mewe.

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:33 pm
by Ablackburn86
Thanks herbalhippie. I just downloaded MeWe. What exactly do I search to find rhino? I'm still trying to figure out the app...

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:25 pm
by BallzDeep9
Ablackburn86 wrote:I was a heroin addict for 10 years, then started a methadone program for 7 years... took my last dose two days ago... I have severe chronic pain, and I also suffer from extremely high anxiety.
The good news? You're off opiates. Congrats! Now you're gonna LOVE kratom.. But! Bad news you must carefully watch your "dose" (we say Serving Size, lol its a supplement, not a "drug").. you'll enjoy a Honeymoon period with kratom for 1 month. After that, stick to a Low serving or risk tolerance, causing side effects and losing its magic...

Read Reddit.
Are you on Reddit? Read the Wiki and Kratom 101 there. https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/wiki/kratom101

OK, get some decent leaf. Thanks to Marcussk for those links! Find your Serving, the LTD = Lowest Threshold Dose where you "feel" kratom. Warning, My friends who have long dope addictions.. can't feel kratom.. they shrug and say Whats the big deal? I guess they are looking for heroin? Kratom ain't heroin... Never will be. Sorry. So, thats the ticket really - Get some good quality Green, like a Super Green. You may still have a tolerance after 10 years of opiates. You may need 4, 5, 6, grams? But still.. Get a Scale. Start at 3. Empty stomach. Hour later if you feel nothing? take 1 more gram. Next day? Start at 4 gram. Wait an hour... etc :geek:

For pain relief? Again.. Reddit to the rescue. After 1 month learning your kratom Serving, search Reddit for "Agmatine". That can be bought on Amazon, Agmatine Sulfate. It will increase the pain relief, And keep your kratom serving, nice and Low. Thats about it.. Good Luck! Remember find your LTD = Less is More. DO get a digital Scale (Amazon about $12).. Do NOT just use a spoon & shovel powder down. Many of us recommend, "Boil your Kratom" or learn how to Prep your powder & drink as a smoothie. Search Bar! "Red Bubble" :D

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:32 pm
by Ablackburn86
Thanks so much Ballzdeep9! No I am not on reddit, but the link you provided looks very helpful. Is boiling it the most effective way to prepare it? A friend is mine said to just mix it with either orange juice or chocolate milk...

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:40 pm
by Payshince
WELCOME Ablackburn86!

You made it you’ve came to a really great place this forum will teach You soo much anything and everything you’d like to know soo much information and good people its incredible.

Congratulations on putting the past behind you and this plant here /Kratom will allow you to live a functional life a lot happier one too thats for sure!

Get ready to learn a sh!t load and find comfort in life Kratom is a remarkable choice. Good luck and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask literally anyone on here.
Ttyl

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:29 pm
by Ablackburn86
Thank you Payshince! Everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful so far. I'm glad I stumbled onto this forum and am eager to begin this new journey.

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:26 pm
by Ablackburn86
After reading around on here, I see that a lot of people blend their different strains of kratom. How do you know what strains to blend? Is there a kind of generalized guideline, or is it just trial and error?

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 pm
by Marcussk
Ablackburn86 wrote:After reading around on here, I see that a lot of people blend their different strains of kratom. How do you know what strains to blend? Is there a kind of generalized guideline, or is it just trial and error?
I always try a strain by itself until I get a good feel of its effects and keep notes of it in a binder where I keep track of all the strains I have on hand. Then I blend based on the effects that I want.

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:18 pm
by BallzDeep9
Kratom IS, Raw powdered leaf, from trees in the Borneo jungle.. very possible there is bacteria in there? Monkey poo. Your choice. I say Boil your Kratom, but its really just: 1- Weigh or measure, into a coffee cup. 2- Pour very hot water, almost boiling, and stir. Cover the cup. Allow to cool. 3- Mix in some O.J. (any yummy juice, I like pineapple?) and.. Sit in fridge a couple hours.. bingo! Your raw powder is now sterilize & ready to CHUG, nice and cold! Add a squirt of MiO! Kratom don't really taste good hot lol :P
Image

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:38 pm
by KurtisCards
BallzDeep9 wrote:Kratom IS, Raw powdered leaf, from trees in the Borneo jungle.. very possible there is bacteria in there? Monkey poo. Your choice. I say Boil your Kratom, but its really just: 1- Weigh or measure, into a coffee cup. 2- Pour very hot water, almost boiling, and stir. Cover the cup. Allow to cool. 3- Mix in some O.J. (any yummy juice, I like pineapple?) and.. Sit in fridge a couple hours.. bingo! Your raw powder is now sterilize & ready to CHUG, nice and cold! Add a squirt of MiO! Kratom don't really taste good hot lol :P
Image
I actually enjoy hot kratom with lemon, cold kratom is horrendous lol

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:27 am
by Ablackburn86
Thank you Ballzdeep9, I can't wait for my first order to come in so I can try it. I ordered from TFH and MitraMan

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:44 am
by Ablackburn86
Just got my first shipment in from TFH. As far as boiling the kratom, is there a certain water temperature I'm looking for? I don't want to ruin my first batch of kratom, lol. Also, I've read about boiling it, making the frozen red bubble, and I saw a few people put it through an aeropress. What way is the best at getting the most out of the kratom?

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:37 am
by acejestyr15
Ablackburn86 wrote:Just got my first shipment in from TFH. As far as boiling the kratom, is there a certain water temperature I'm looking for? I don't want to ruin my first batch of kratom, lol. Also, I've read about boiling it, making the frozen red bubble, and I saw a few people put it through an aeropress. What way is the best at getting the most out of the kratom?
I personally use an aero press to make tea on a regular basis...m and have also had great results with red bubble in past but I was still drinking the powder from red bubble those times fyi. Best water temp when boiling is 175 to 190°

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:44 am
by Marcussk
acejestyr15 wrote:
Ablackburn86 wrote:Just got my first shipment in from TFH. As far as boiling the kratom, is there a certain water temperature I'm looking for? I don't want to ruin my first batch of kratom, lol. Also, I've read about boiling it, making the frozen red bubble, and I saw a few people put it through an aeropress. What way is the best at getting the most out of the kratom?
I personally use an aero press to make tea on a regular basis...m and have also had great results with red bubble in past but I was still drinking the powder from red bubble those times fyi. Best water temp when boiling is 175 to 190°
It was thanks to acejestyr that I got an aeropress, and I do it the same way. I do add my powder back in though, I don't throw anything away. I swear my burns are stronger now than when I used to t&w.

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:09 am
by NEFbotanicals
i knew a man, he's addicted with drugs for more than 2 years. but thanks for kratom he's not addicted to drugs again

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:28 am
by brave777
Marcussk wrote:
acejestyr15 wrote:
Ablackburn86 wrote:Just got my first shipment in from TFH. As far as boiling the kratom, is there a certain water temperature I'm looking for? I don't want to ruin my first batch of kratom, lol. Also, I've read about boiling it, making the frozen red bubble, and I saw a few people put it through an aeropress. What way is the best at getting the most out of the kratom?
I personally use an aero press to make tea on a regular basis...m and have also had great results with red bubble in past but I was still drinking the powder from red bubble those times fyi. Best water temp when boiling is 175 to 190°
It was thanks to acejestyr that I got an aeropress, and I do it the same way. I do add my powder back in though, I don't throw anything away. I swear my burns are stronger now than when I used to t&w.

This is very smart, thinking to trow some useless kratom out is a mistake. Why not use your regular dose of what ever and use another bag that you like less to add on top of that to make it stand out better? I do got a section of meh kratom or needs more testing from me, I have not tried aeropress but i am very very tempted soon. It just seems to much work but in reality i know its not. And i am sure the red bubble thing will give me awesome vibes.. I might do that when they lockdown my state. :roll:

For now i am enjoying some garden time. And more and more neighbors next door's dinging now in garden, must be some thing serious.

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:31 pm
by Ablackburn86
Thanks for all of your insight guys. I think I will invest in an aeropress for sure. Right now I just been mixing it with lemon juice and almost boiling water, letting it steep, and then mixing that with orange juice to mask the taste. I think I need to mess around with the dosage. Since I've had so many years of heavy heroin use I think I might need more than the average person. I see that people usually do 2 to 3 servings a day. What is everyone's daily total amount?

Re: New to kratom and need advice

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:22 pm
by Marcussk
Ablackburn86 wrote:Thanks for all of your insight guys. I think I will invest in an aeropress for sure. Right now I just been mixing it with lemon juice and almost boiling water, letting it steep, and then mixing that with orange juice to mask the taste. I think I need to mess around with the dosage. Since I've had so many years of heavy heroin use I think I might need more than the average person. I see that people usually do 2 to 3 servings a day. What is everyone's daily total amount?
My total right now is 20 gpd, it was closer to 60 a few months ago because I wasn't weighing my doses but I use a scale every time now. It was difficult but I've finally got my gpd down to 20 and the eventual goal is 11-14 gpd hopefully, but we will see. I take 6g at 9am, I redose 6g at 4pm to 7pm depending on the day, and i dose 8g for my last dose of the day around 11pm to 1230 depending on when i get home from work.