Page 1 of 4

CONTEST HAS CONCLUDED - Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest).

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:27 pm
by gumbyke1
Hey gang, I thought for a little holiday fun we could try something that we have never done before in asking for community help in naming a batch that will be making the menu. There was a post in the reviews section for a batch (Red 707) that sparked a lot of conversations around our consumer testing program, personal chemistry, and how batches are ID'ed and given names. It was some good conversation that led me to make several other posts that I probably should have tied all together, lol.

At any rate, at the end of that post, I made a comment that I would love the community's help in giving this batch a name for the menu since a lot of people have tried it in testing or have ordered it already. With that said, I don't want to limit this game to only those who have tried the batch - I think enough feedback has been posted for anyone to take a stab at it (if anyone wants to share their experience to help others please do!). You can see the reviews for the batch as a reference point here:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10658

Whenever possible, we try to have a name that reflects the batch itself in regards to its origin or characteristics (even still, some of our names are meaningless... but we do try). There is nothing special about Red 707's geographical location except for the fact that it was 100% authentically wild harvested from some gigantically tall trees. I don't know the age of the trees, but I have seen them and they are indeed skyskrapers, lol. This doesn't mean that "wild" has to be part of the name or anything... just sharing that detail. ;)

At any rate, I know this is a creative community so Id love to see what folks come up with. I'm curious to see if somebody just nails it or if folks as a collective start to piece it together. If your name is chosen, you will receive the very first bag off the line once it's packaged with its official name! (and if you are not a TFH member - you become one). If the name which wins is pieced together as a collective, the very first person to say the "final version" will be the winner.

PS - MEMBERS - we have been getting emails inquiring if it can be ordered by a few members, but I know a lot of you are not doing so because of recent conversations about ordering testers, etc....thanks :) Please feel free to ask for this one if you like, we have gone ahead and bagged a bunch up. Since we are basically naming this batch as a community, you will know what it is when it appears on the menu :lol:

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest)

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:16 pm
by BookofEnoch1914
"Ancient Wild Red Jangkung" ?
Jangkung= Tall in Indonesian.

:D

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:46 pm
by Kelleytoons
Since I might have been the one to start all this, maybe it should be "Red Giant Kelleytoons"?

No, JK (REALLY). My bid is, due to the amazing feeling and length of time (and critical time it worked) is "Wild Redwood Amazement".

Get well everyone there at least in time for the Christmas Holidays.

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:07 pm
by herbalhippie
I have a good name but I don't need anymore 707. Or a membership. :lol:

If someone wants an idea, hit me up. :lol:

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:35 pm
by Arob1000
Wild Hutan Tenang Red

“Wild Old Growth Forest Tranquil Red”

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:38 pm
by Ktom
I’ve got a bunch but here’s a few.....



Wild Redwood Kali ( Bali, Sumatra, Indo, etc )

100 year wild redwood Kali

Land of the giants Indo

Ancient wild red Indo

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:43 pm
by Kelleytoons
You realize you're stealing my "Redwood" invention? <g>.

Sigh - I don't need any more 707 but if I win I'm praying Chris will allow me to substitute the new 30 year old red coming out TOMORROW (after I placed my "end of year" order YESTERDAY).

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:54 pm
by Ktom
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:43 pm You realize you're stealing my "Redwood" invention? <g>.

Sigh - I don't need any more 707 but if I win I'm praying Chris will allow me to substitute the new 30 year old red coming out TOMORROW (after I placed my "end of year" order YESTERDAY).
Quite the opposite my friend.....although it shares the word redwood and Chris already said it was wild, I Promise you I had the idea LONG before I ever saw your post, as I thought about it while reading his original post in strain reviews........I am far too creative to copy someone else. The instant I read old GIANT trees I thought of the MOST ICONIC AND FAMOUS tree in the United States other than the Oak, although I figured you would most likely think your the only one who could instantly make that connection. I’m sorry, but GIANT trees and Redwoods and Sequoias are the FIRST thing that pops into most people’s heads. It probably means nothing anyway as I doubt It will be chosen, but again, I give you my word I thought of it before ever opening this second post.

That being said, I did think it was kool that we both thought of the one same word when I saw my original idea in the second post. Clever minds think alike I guess ......

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:23 pm
by Revlee
How can you become a member?

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:27 pm
by PistolsAtDawn
Red Moon of Endor

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:29 pm
by MikeEdoessomething
I got a name for Origin and a name for characteristics.

ORIGIN NAME:
Wild Harvest Raksasa Maeng Da
(Raksasa = Gigantic in Indonesian according to google translate)

Characteristics/Gimmick Name:
RED Catalyst TFH - because as Christ wrote, "how it has been a catalyst for discussions on testing, personal chemistry, and even how we name some of our batches"
Aurora Kali or Mystical Malay (I've never seen an aurora in person but I find aurora's to be so peaceful and magical in videos/pictures, they are just mesmerizing...)

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:40 pm
by Ktom
I will say this is fun just to be part of......

And after almost 10 years of daily use, there are not many times something is NEW or slightly intriguing about kratom so this really is FUN, regardless of who wins.

Here a couple more as I’m just enjoying the ride;


- OG Santak Simbu
- Tantoka Khan Kali
- Bandar Sari Suma
- Elder Red Kali
- Mystic Woods wild indo
- Echanted Forest Kalimantan
- Rangoon Red wonder
- 100 year wild red Borneo
- Lost Lands Wild indo

I better stop myself for now, lol

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:42 pm
by Tcoppedge
Since they are huge trees

Red Goliath

Paul Bunyan (he also wears a red flannel)

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:57 pm
by Csharpe
Wild Red Ketenangan. (Indonesian for peace/tranquility)

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:11 pm
by Markra
Red big D blitz (go cowboys) :mrgreen:

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:14 pm
by Manji
Red Boeing

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:29 pm
by IjustFeltLikeRunnin’
Ruby tinggi dan cantik

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:53 pm
by Crametap
Red River

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:00 pm
by MikeEdoessomething
Csharpe wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:57 pm Wild Red Ketenangan. (Indonesian for peace/tranquility)
Now that is a great one. Peaceful and tranquility are ways I would describe the effects for Red 707. Good name idea

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:02 pm
by MikeEdoessomething
Ktom wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:40 pm I will say this is fun just to be part of......

I don’t need any kratom and already have far more than I could ever use i my lifetime, like many of you do, and I already have the 707, but it sure is something different.

And after almost 10 years of daily use, there are not many times something is NEW or slightly intriguing about kratom so this really is FUN, regardless of who wins.

Here a couple more as I’m just enjoying the ride;


- OG Santak Simbu
- Tantoka Khan Kali
- Bandar Sari Suma
- Elder Red Kali
- Mystic Woods indo
- Echanted Forest Kalimantan
- Rangoon Red wonder
- 100 year red Borneo
- Lost Lands Indo

I better stop myself for now, lol
I'm a sucker for kratom names and I'd buy any strain with these names :lol: Very nice list of potential names

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 pm
by Ktom
MikeEdoessomething wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:02 pm
Ktom wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:40 pm I will say this is fun just to be part of......

I don’t need any kratom and already have far more than I could ever use i my lifetime, like many of you do, and I already have the 707, but it sure is something different.

And after almost 10 years of daily use, there are not many times something is NEW or slightly intriguing about kratom so this really is FUN, regardless of who wins.

Here a couple more as I’m just enjoying the ride;


- OG Santak Simbu
- Tantoka Khan Kali
- Bandar Sari Suma
- Elder Red Kali
- Mystic Woods indo
- Echanted Forest Kalimantan
- Rangoon Red wonder
- 100 year red Borneo
- Lost Lands Indo

I better stop myself for now, lol
I'm a sucker for kratom names and I'd buy any strain with these names :lol: Very nice list of potential names
THANKS MIKE!!!

I HONESTLY loved yours too.......he’s got enough names now for the whole next menu, LOL

Happy Thanksgiving......we have a lot to be thankful for...TFH is definitely on the list!

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:47 pm
by Kelleytoons
I like this contest but, honestly, I don't particularly care what name ANY of the strains are, from ANY vendor (okay, maybe the creative artist in me has a special place in my heart for things like "Happy-Go-Lucky"). Honestly, I couldn't care less where any kratom is from, so names like Bali or such just mean I have a ton of batches that all say that in their names. The place names are all silly - do ANY of us really go "gee, I want to sample some stuff from Vietnam today" (assuming you could even get some)? Why bother with those? And saying "Wild" doesn't mean a thing, either. I kind of like the idea that a particular batch was put together with loving care, so "curated" seems nice but I've never seen that in a name.

Other words I hate: Jungle, forest (who cares?), Traditional, Mature (does anyone want immature kratom?), MD (THAT drives me crazy - it seems like nearly EVERY batch is MD). I'd love to see more creativity in ALL vendor's products names. TFH has "Top-Shelf" which is kind of nice, but I also like "lightning", "killer" (a GREAT word to use), and "Afterburner". Using those kinds of terms is MUCH more meaningful (or at least fun) to me than any place name could ever be.

Also, it's a particular pet peeve of mine to NOT include the color in the name. Then again, I make capsules and put the powder in that color capsule, with the bottle also colored, so for me it's redundant to have something called "Wild Red Hulu". I already KNOW it's red and most vendors put the color on the label. That's kind of why I like calling this batch "Redwood" because it doesn't hammer it home so much but still is clear to anyone who might not otherwise label or color their stuff.

And, as the bard did say, would any kratom taste more sweet regardless of what it is called? (Okay, I'm paraphrasing terribly there, but the idea is the same).

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:59 pm
by Csharpe
Arob1000 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:35 pm Wild Hutan Tenang Red

“Wild Old Growth Forest Tranquil Red”
As soon as I saw this opportunity I quickly skimmed through trying not to copy anyone.. unfortunately I was a little occupied and didn’t notice, now looking through again I see mine was similar to yours. Sorry about that man was not my intention.. really thought I had something original lol

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:21 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
-Red Genesis

-Trapped at Sea

-Moon Landing

-I Shot the Sherriff

-Love Is So Far Away

-Fresh Leaves From Way Up High

-Dog Bites, Cat Scratches

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:43 pm
by Aramella
Towering Red Tempest in a Teacup

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:50 pm
by Billiegoat
Premium Demon Sweat

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:15 pm
by uspatriot995
MikeEdoessomething wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:00 pm
Csharpe wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:57 pm Wild Red Ketenangan. (Indonesian for peace/tranquility)
Now that is a great one. Peaceful and tranquility are ways I would describe the effects for Red 707. Good name idea
Wild High Red Ketenangan

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:17 pm
by Lokey
Manji wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:14 pmRed Boeing
LOL.

I'm wondering if 709 and 711 are from the same trees if anyone knows or do I need to ask directly, my experience with those two was much better than 707 but it must've just been me.

Trying to think of some names, first ones are Big Red "something" Jolly Red Giant, TFH Testers Special (Especial) Red 707

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:15 am
by Madvillain626
Red Floating Palembang

i was reading about cities made up of floating houses in Indonesia during the Srivijaya empire. strains seem to the be an energetic, euphoric red with legs. those kind of strains give me a floating feeling

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:18 am
by herbalhippie
Aramella wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:43 pm Towering Red Tempest in a Teacup
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:17 am
by Krathomas89
The Crimson King

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:34 am
by herbalhippie
Krathomas89 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:17 am The Crimson King
From the court of?

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:37 am
by Krathomas89
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:34 am
Krathomas89 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:17 am The Crimson King
From the court of?
You know it !

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:51 am
by Hankdudley
The Devil’s Tongue

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:52 pm
by 7-hydroxymitragynine
Rey De La Hoja Roja

Spanish for The King of Red Leaf!

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:04 pm
by Adrumaddict
Big Red Borneo

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:26 pm
by StuPickles
Beanstalk Bali

Treetop Grandpop

Skyline Monkey Pine

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:37 pm
by Rambo
Sanguine Suma

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:14 am
by MitSir
"Good Golly Red Ma-Lay" / "Good Golly Red Ba-Lay" (a play on the Little Richard Oldie)
Christmas Red
Big Natural Red
Sultan's Red or Red Sultan
Lofty Red Lombok
Elder Red

Re: Help us give a name to Red 707 (TFH mini-contest). Membership and a free bag

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:24 am
by floatypooltime
Ruby Tinggi