HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by CatfatherB »

CatfatherB wrote:Usually 7-8 grams of a green, 8-10ish of most reds unless is unusually strong for a red. Most whites, yellows, golds or oranges? I just blend with.

Either 2 or 3 times a day, around 5 hours apart. Some times I just do 2 normal doses and a booster dose last.


Well it's been 8?months since I posted my daily dosages and they have changed very little, now I've been dosing about 6-8 grams a dose twice a day with no breaks and am still getting great effects just using tolerance reducers everyday.

It's good that we have these posts to look back where we were back then! :D
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by RumRunner »

CatfatherB wrote:
CatfatherB wrote:Usually 7-8 grams of a green, 8-10ish of most reds unless is unusually strong for a red. Most whites, yellows, golds or oranges? I just blend with.

Either 2 or 3 times a day, around 5 hours apart. Some times I just do 2 normal doses and a booster dose last.


Well it's been 8?months since I posted my daily dosages and they have changed very little, now I've been dosing about 6-8 grams a dose twice a day with no breaks and am still getting great effects just using tolerance reducers everyday.

:D
You take no tolerance breaks?! That’s amazing.
Every1jockzjay
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Every1jockzjay »

I usually have a long day, up at 430 am and don’t go to sleep till 1030-11. I dose to much lol, but do small doses 2-2.5 grams each every 3-4 hrs..
Going to take a T break, I feel once I increase dose and stretch out my timing,eventually will just have a higher dose with the same timing :/
User avatar
INSENSE3
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:40 pm
Location: Placerville, CA
Contact:

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by INSENSE3 »

What are your recommendations for a tolerance break (if you don’t take breaks, that’s helpful for this question/post)? How long? What tools or suggestions do you have for successful tolerance breaks?
Thanks for being a part of today's solution!
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by CatfatherB »

I haven't taken a break but I use tumeric/bioperine capsules, cats claw, magnesium, DLPA and palmitoylethanolamide( PEA) for tolerance issues, for further instruction check out the megathread on Palmitoylethanolamide in the search bar. :D
KraytomorKraatom?
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Location: NW Ohio

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by KraytomorKraatom? »

I try to stay between 6-8g 3 sometimes 4 times a day. I started using kratom to get off suboxone. I have a pretty extensive history with opiates in general. Was on suboxone for about 5 years. Thought I would be on it the rest of my life. Unfortunately my health has been in decline because of the lifestyle I lived for 15 years not taking care of myself at all. Not sure if the suboxone was just covering it up but I have been experiencing some serious pain since getting off. Without kratom I wouldnt be able to work or function much. N given my history no doctor will ever prescribe me even gabapentin. I'm alright with this as I dont want to return to addiction. I'm sure I'm on the higher end of kratom dosage but I'm ok with that. Kratom doesnt make my life unmanageable in anyway. Quite the opposite actually. Everyone is different and if it works for you I see no reason to fret about how much your using. Unless your out stealing and sucking dick for kratom. Then it might be time to reassess lol
Somethingsacred
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Somethingsacred »

My reg regimen is 2tsp 4-5x a day .. used to be 1Tbs per dose .... I get better results from 2tsp most of the time ... on bad days I’ll take bigger doses or more frequently... but better days are usually every 4-5 hrs , bad days every three hrs !! Great topic ..!!..!!.. I have a spinal degenerative disease, kratom helps cut my pain down by 70-80%... also used it to get off antidepressants and anxiety meds... used to always welcome opiates .. now I can care less about them , no desire ... and I have my anxiety in check and haven’t had any slip into a dark depression since I’ve been taking kratom ..2-1/2 years !! Best tool I’ve found to help me have quality back in my life !!
KraytomorKraatom?
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Location: NW Ohio

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by KraytomorKraatom? »

Somethingsacred wrote:My reg regimen is 2tsp 4-5x a day .. used to be 1Tbs per dose .... I get better results from 2tsp most of the time ... on bad days I’ll take bigger doses or more frequently... but better days are usually every 4-5 hrs , bad days every three hrs !! Great topic ..!!..!!.. I have a spinal degenerative disease, kratom helps cut my pain down by 70-80%... also used it to get off antidepressants and anxiety meds... used to always welcome opiates .. now I can care less about them , no desire ... and I have my anxiety in check and haven’t had any slip into a dark depression since I’ve been taking kratom ..2-1/2 years !! Best tool I’ve found to help me have quality back in my life !!
100% agree with you on this. I was a numb zombie on opiates and suboxone especially. I feel like I'm actually living life for the first time in 15+ years. Definitely a God send. Grateful I gave this plant a second try. The first I just don't think I was ready and also didn't take my time and research for a good vendor. This forum has helped immensely as well. Been kind of a lurker for awhile now. Hoping to get more involved and maybe contribute to the community a little instead of just taking in all the info
User avatar
INSENSE3
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:40 pm
Location: Placerville, CA
Contact:

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by INSENSE3 »

Thanks for the ROFLMAO, KraytomorKraatom?
:D :lol:
Thanks for being a part of today's solution!
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Greyfeather »

Somethingsacred wrote:My reg regimen is 2tsp 4-5x a day .. used to be 1Tbs per dose .... I get better results from 2tsp most of the time ... on bad days I’ll take bigger doses or more frequently... but better days are usually every 4-5 hrs , bad days every three hrs !! Great topic ..!!..!!.. I have a spinal degenerative disease, kratom helps cut my pain down by 70-80%... also used it to get off antidepressants and anxiety meds... used to always welcome opiates .. now I can care less about them , no desire ... and I have my anxiety in check and haven’t had any slip into a dark depression since I’ve been taking kratom ..2-1/2 years !! Best tool I’ve found to help me have quality back in my life !!
I have been on antidepressants for over two decades and they just aren't justifying themselves anymore. A few weeks ago I found myself getting headaches after taking them while I was also taking kratom. I just stopped taking them. The depression is still there but getting better than I could have imagined without the meds since using kratom. My Ativan use is half what is was too. Pardon my language, but F those pill merchants and their addictive sh*t.

Also, I am finding it impossible to drink AND use kratom- which is just fine with me.
KraytomorKraatom?
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Location: NW Ohio

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by KraytomorKraatom? »

INSENSE3 wrote:Thanks for the ROFLMAO, KraytomorKraatom?
:D :lol:
Lmao yeah I just wanted to put things in perspective. I think sometimes people feel guilty about how much they take because of the way society stigmatizes such things. I know I have fallen into it myself at times. I'm in recovery and most people in AA would frown on it. But I know what was life was like before compared to now. So I mostly keep it to myself. It's sad that we are made to feel ashamed for seeking a medication when the very same people have almost taken all other options away.
BurntEnds
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by BurntEnds »

KraytomorKraatom? wrote:
INSENSE3 wrote:Thanks for the ROFLMAO, KraytomorKraatom?
:D :lol:
Lmao yeah I just wanted to put things in perspective. I think sometimes people feel guilty about how much they take because of the way society stigmatizes such things. I know I have fallen into it myself at times. I'm in recovery and most people in AA would frown on it. But I know what was life was like before compared to now. So I mostly keep it to myself. It's sad that we are made to feel ashamed for seeking a medication when the very same people have almost taken all other options away.
^^^^100%! I too am in recovery so know you're not alone man. I thought I was going to be stuck on subs for the rest of my life after spending several years trying to taper off unsuccessfully...the long drawn out WD's getting off of that stuff are truly soul crushing :( Kratom has been a gift. Keeping it to myself and a select few people I'm accountable with seems for the best as none of us know everything about everyone.
KraytomorKraatom?
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Location: NW Ohio

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by KraytomorKraatom? »

BurntEnds wrote:
KraytomorKraatom? wrote:
INSENSE3 wrote:Thanks for the ROFLMAO, KraytomorKraatom?
:D :lol:
Lmao yeah I just wanted to put things in perspective. I think sometimes people feel guilty about how much they take because of the way society stigmatizes such things. I know I have fallen into it myself at times. I'm in recovery and most people in AA would frown on it. But I know what was life was like before compared to now. So I mostly keep it to myself. It's sad that we are made to feel ashamed for seeking a medication when the very same people have almost taken all other options away.
^^^^100%! I too am in recovery so know you're not alone man. I thought I was going to be stuck on subs for the rest of my life after spending several years trying to taper off unsuccessfully...the long drawn out WD's getting off of that stuff are truly soul crushing :( Kratom has been a gift. Keeping it to myself and a select few people I'm accountable with seems for the best as none of us know everything about everyone.
I was in the same boat. Suboxone is a tool and it's better than watching people die from overdoses but I wish I would have known about kratom sooner. I just felt numb and emotionless on subs. I actually feel like I'm alive for the first time in years. Congrats on your recovery bro. It's not an easy path to walk but it's well worth it
User avatar
KBull
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by KBull »

KraytomorKraatom? wrote:
INSENSE3 wrote:Thanks for the ROFLMAO, KraytomorKraatom?
:D :lol:
Lmao yeah I just wanted to put things in perspective. I think sometimes people feel guilty about how much they take because of the way society stigmatizes such things. I know I have fallen into it myself at times. I'm in recovery and most people in AA would frown on it. But I know what was life was like before compared to now. So I mostly keep it to myself. It's sad that we are made to feel ashamed for seeking a medication when the very same people have almost taken all other options away.
I’m with ya man. Kratom has saved my life. I’m 3 years clean. And it’s honestly thanks to this leaf. I’ve tried everything and always relapse. Yeah AA will definitely frown upon it. And it sucks fo feel guilty about it. But don’t! It’s nothing bad at all. It makes me have an amazing life. I have no idea how I’ve become so successful from being homeless and as close as it is to dead 3 1/2 years ago. I stay away from aa. Just doesn’t work for me. But If it works for you keep doin it. Maybe share with a sponsor or someone close to get it off your chest. But never ever feel ashamed. Kratom is a life saver
KraytomorKraatom?
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm
Location: NW Ohio

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by KraytomorKraatom? »

KBull wrote:
KraytomorKraatom? wrote:
INSENSE3 wrote:Thanks for the ROFLMAO, KraytomorKraatom?
:D :lol:
Lmao yeah I just wanted to put things in perspective. I think sometimes people feel guilty about how much they take because of the way society stigmatizes such things. I know I have fallen into it myself at times. I'm in recovery and most people in AA would frown on it. But I know what was life was like before compared to now. So I mostly keep it to myself. It's sad that we are made to feel ashamed for seeking a medication when the very same people have almost taken all other options away.
I’m with ya man. Kratom has saved my life. I’m 3 years clean. And it’s honestly thanks to this leaf. I’ve tried everything and always relapse. Yeah AA will definitely frown upon it. And it sucks fo feel guilty about it. But don’t! It’s nothing bad at all. It makes me have an amazing life. I have no idea how I’ve become so successful from being homeless and as close as it is to dead 3 1/2 years ago. I stay away from aa. Just doesn’t work for me. But If it works for you keep doin it. Maybe share with a sponsor or someone close to get it off your chest. But never ever feel ashamed. Kratom is a life saver
Yeah I have been a chronic relapser myself. In my experience I have found that I was the problem. I grew up in a household where doing/selling drugs was normal. I have to change everything about myself if I want to stay clean. I enjoy AA for the fellowship. My drug use isolated me for 15 years. Not too mention the mental illness that was never discussed in my family. I still have trouble opening up and trusting people. Kratom definitely helps with that. I feel I'm less stuck in my head and more able be myself if that makes sense. Thanks for the kind words brother. It's cool to see other people on the same journey I am.
MicroCrypto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by MicroCrypto »

I dose 15g twice a day. It comes out to 1kg per month.
pimpdaddymatt
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by pimpdaddymatt »

Only been doing this a few days now, but I cut back to dosing only once a day, around 7 grams. For about 10 months I was dosing 3-4 times a day 4-5 grams each. So far, the effects are SOOO much better just once a day. Personally it’s really tough for me to hold off from dosing, but the effects make it worth it and I’m gonna try to stick to this.
User avatar
Dale_Tisane
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Dale_Tisane »

I've been burnin' everyday for almost two years with a couple tolerance breaks. I use to take 2-4 grams at a time, every 2 hours.
Now, after a tolerance break, I take 1/8 of a teaspoon every hour. Cutting down to small doses (along with waiting until 1 pm everyday) really improved my experience. Of course I'll take a bit more at night when I really want to relax.
ba2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by ba2000 »

When I quit drinking I was taking 6g, 4-5 times a day starting first thing when I'd wake up. Couple years later, I take 1.4-1.6g (depending on strain) 2-3 times a day (starting anywhere from 9am-1pm) and 2g around bedtime. Now days I take it for anxiety, but if I ever go through a thirsty spell I bump my dosage up by 1g and I'm fine.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by brave777 »

1. To feel a dose the best you have to go as long as possible with out one. That has been my goal... If i know i dont need it, i wont take it for fun, or heck just to feel even better when you already all good. Don't want to add that fire wood to the burn, cause i am afraid i might just get burnt. :lol:

2. Now best times for me to take, when you wake up and you know you got tasks to do on a day off from work. Preferred white once but some classic green ain't gonna hurt you.

3. Right before work is the best time to take. I dont take any when i go to sleep and if i wake up 2-3 hours early before work, i wait patiently knowing i will enjoy the feel better when my ass ends up at work. Lets say you have to drive 30 to 1 hour to work, when you get there you feel great and ready.

4. On relaxing and chilling days, I try to find at least one day where i can go without kratom for 24 hours, then after 24 hours ill have some nice reds, watch your favorite show or youtuber. Most people get 2-3 days off in row. Which i do. Also you could take 2 days or even 3 day break. If your a low doser, wd will not be a problem. Higher doser might want to at least cut the Dose in half.

5. Be strong minded and have lots of Patience, know that you are doing this for your self. When you actually take longer breaks you run less chance into unknown problems that might arise like crappy wds. Long breaks makes wd's no problem at the same time your burns will rock the world while it helping with anxiety, stress, pain.

6. If you ever forget how kratom suppose to feel like, its a big red flag that you been over killing it. it happened to me few times. its the time when all kratom seems shit. and your just fighting your way to get that fire feel. Might have to look back and ask your self, is it worth it? Not only you spending more by consuming extra but you might at this point experience hair loss... OK OK that was a joke. It just means a huge breath in and out need to be taken and a nice tolerance break to follow.

This is some of the things i always keep in my mind when i dose and when it comes to how often. So in conclusion, reduce use as much as possible. Like if you know you already ok, not bad or good. Maybe just slight low but its not a bad low... simply extend your time before dose. I noticed some days i take only 2 grams. instead my 10 gram per day. some days i take 6 grams. it helps a lot too. Its easier to go trough wd if want to stop for a while and at the same time you feel your burns better. This is just what i try to do, if any of this info helps you, then more power to you! 8-)
Kratom user since 2014!
walla2wanderer
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 am
Location: Loudoun County, VA

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by walla2wanderer »

I typically dose 4-5g once a day, most likely a green strain. With whites sometimes I'll use 3g, and reds 6g. I also try to take 1 day off per week (so about 36-48 hours without kratom). I occasionally use twice a day on some weekends or don't take a day off in a week, but I then eventually see diminishing effects and have found kratom fairly easily to self-regulate in this respect. This has prevented much in the way of tolerance, although even at this low dose I'll still feel some mild discomfort on days off.
Re-leaf LLC
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Re-leaf LLC »

This is a great thread for research...

I test A LOT of stuff...
So I exponentially increase .... then reset

I take breaks every 2-3 weeks also.
Please see the unique business model we endorse at www.re-leaf.us/aboutus.html you will be very happy. And if you aren't please let me know why :)
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by K-Dawg »

Re-leaf LLC wrote:This is a great thread for research...

I test A LOT of stuff...
So I exponentially increase .... then reset

I take breaks every 2-3 weeks also.
Haha I read your "How NOT to take Kratom" thread"... how long are your breaks? Do you experience moderate WD symptoms when you take a full break after your exponential dosing? I have kicked hard opiates several times(7+ years ago) and I've been getting moderate withdrawals in the morning and sometimes after 5 hous post dose. I've only been taking kratom for about 6 months and never go over 18g a day. Thanks for all of your contributions Joe, its been great to see your experience!
-K-Dawg
Cgroom14
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Cgroom14 »

I am currently at 4-5g 3x a day and have been for over 5 years. I have maintained that dose and it is most definitely still my sweet spot. Occasionally I will take 5-6g for my night dose to straight chill!
User avatar
kmu777
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:52 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by kmu777 »

Started with the advice of a local headshop, “take about a tablespoon or two and you should feel it!.” :x Not the best introduction to Kratom! I later turned to reddit, then this forum to get advice. On the average now, I take 3-4g about 4 times a day.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by brave777 »

kmu777 wrote:Started with the advice of a local headshop, “take about a tablespoon or two and you should feel it!.” :x Not the best introduction to Kratom! I later turned to reddit, then this forum to get advice. On the average now, I take 3-4g about 4 times a day.
tablespoon or two? what a nice way to get introduced. Welcome to the forum! :)
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
LisaLis
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by LisaLis »

When I do Kratom, its usually 4g 2x a day. When I make bubble tea I double it to 8g because I filter it out with an aero press.
Somethingsacred
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Somethingsacred »

Greyfeather wrote:
Somethingsacred wrote:My reg regimen is 2tsp 4-5x a day .. used to be 1Tbs per dose .... I get better results from 2tsp most of the time ... on bad days I’ll take bigger doses or more frequently... but better days are usually every 4-5 hrs , bad days every three hrs !! Great topic ..!!..!!.. I have a spinal degenerative disease, kratom helps cut my pain down by 70-80%... also used it to get off antidepressants and anxiety meds... used to always welcome opiates .. now I can care less about them , no desire ... and I have my anxiety in check and haven’t had any slip into a dark depression since I’ve been taking kratom ..2-1/2 years !! Best tool I’ve found to help me have quality back in my life !!
I have been on antidepressants for over two decades and they just aren't justifying themselves anymore. A few weeks ago I found myself getting headaches after taking them while I was also taking kratom. I just stopped taking them. The depression is still there but getting better than I could have imagined without the meds since using kratom. My Ativan use is half what is was too. Pardon my language, but F those pill merchants and their addictive sh*t.

Also, I am finding it impossible to drink AND use kratom- which is just fine with me.
I’ll say it ,, flucking nazi pill pushers !!
I’ve been better than I’ve been in years ... literally best I’ve felt in about 20 years !! My tolerance has kind of gone a slight bit up at the moment .. I’ve taken a couple 1 TBS doses last couple days ... no side effects , just feeling more saturated kratom goodness .... I always have been a higher versus lower doser ... I mean nothing ridiculous but higher than a lot and less than some ... still average around 30gms a day ... which I’m cool with ... the pain is in check , as is my anxiety and depression... 2-1/2 years and going strong !! Just wanted to update my dosage levels .. pretty much the same ... slightly higher a couple times recently ... I don’t take tolerance breaks ... I’ve taken 1-1/2 days off since I started ... akuamma made it pretty easy ... but I’m sure I’m over due for one .... it’s like once your experienced chronic pain for years on end and then haven’t for close to three years ... the fear is there of going back to that pain .... just being honest !
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by herbalhippie »

I was re-reading this thread just now and saw that I was just a little over 3/4 gram last spring. Well, that crept up throughout the year until I was at 1.5 grams by December. About 3 weeks ago I started waking up queasy with a runny nose. Started feeling queasy between doses.

Last week on my first day off I dropped down to 1.25 grams and felt better immediately. No more queasiness, no more runny nose. Then today I dropped further to 1 gram. I was at .75 for the first two years I was using kratom but I don't feel called to drop below 1 gram. 4-5x daily depending on pain levels.
Somethingsacred
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Somethingsacred »

I’m thoroughly impressed herbalhippie!! That’s such a low dose ... I’m a bit envious of that low amount !
I don’t think I’d ever get that low but def lower than where I’m at ... thigh by all means where I’m at is reasonable by most I’ve talked to about it !

3/4 gm!!!! That’s amazing ! Good job !
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by herbalhippie »

Somethingsacred wrote:I’m thoroughly impressed herbalhippie!! That’s such a low dose ... I’m a bit envious of that low amount !
I don’t think I’d ever get that low but def lower than where I’m at ... thigh by all means where I’m at is reasonable by most I’ve talked to about it !

3/4 gm!!!! That’s amazing ! Good job !
There are a few of us that get the results we need from low doses. Very lucky, indeed.
coldshowersuperpower
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by coldshowersuperpower »

Just switched from 2-2-2-2 to 2-2-3 (8->7gpd) and it works much better. A case of less being more. I found that the fourth time I take kratom on the same day is always a disappointment. Even tried upping the night portion to no effect; it seems that there is a very pronounced time-cumulative effect (in addition to the volume-cumulative effect which seems to be well known here). But, curiously, it doesn't seem to kick in for me before the 4th time.
Eu4oric906
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Eu4oric906 »

3 gram dose 2-3 times daily and I take 1 day off completely each week. I have been thinking of trying smaller doses, Just seems to be my sweet spot where it still hits well without noticeable withdrawals on off days.
terposton
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by terposton »

I dose 3-6grams 2 or 3 times a day only for a stretch of 8 hours. After my last dose of the day which is usually around 4pm, I don't use any for the next 16 hours. I never take an evening dose for several reasons. 1 is because I drink a lot of water with my dose and between doses. If I take a dose at 7 I would have to drink a lot of water and then be up half the night peeing. Water with Kratom helps the Kratom work better and keeps you for getting constipated. Also, I have never had to take a tolerance break except for 3 mos in 2019 because of the chemotherapy I was on. Anyway, I haven't had to take a break since then and Kratom works great for me so after 6 years of being an almost daily user I'm doing something right. I'm fortunate that I never have withdrawal symptoms during the 16 hours every day that I take a break from kratom.
Last edited by terposton on Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coldshowersuperpower
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by coldshowersuperpower »

terposton wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:34 pm I never take an evening dose for several reasons.
Same here, yet to take a break, I have only been taking kratom regularly for a few months (so perhaps that's one of the reasons) but I'm realizing that the main reason is likely that I never dose close to bedtime either. My primary reason to not dose close to bedtime has been that I usually take kratom to boost productivity. But I think you just revealed another good reason to stick to that. A long intra-day break is still a break!
Last edited by coldshowersuperpower on Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
uspatriot995
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by uspatriot995 »

gravystainonmyshirt wrote: ↑Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:46 pm I dose 5g two to three times daily. I wonder if i should cut back so im just curious how often and how much everyone doses on here. And how long you have been taking kratom for so i can get an idea if im overdoing it. Ive been taking it for about a year but started at a real high dose to get off suboxone which the kratom really helped.

So im hoping everyone will share their regiment so we can all get an idea of how regular or irregular our doses are. Thanks
It's different some days depending on pain levels.

Now I'm at 5g x three times a day. Have been much higher at times. Would like to get back to 3.5 x three times a day.

With the recent batches/vendors I have obtained recently, I have had long burns where I could get away with dosing twice a day--and there are benefits to that--doses hit harder.

There is some crazy good batches out there right now, I mean crazy good. :!:
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...
terposton
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by terposton »

coldshowersuperpower wrote: ↑Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:18 pm
terposton wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:34 pm I never take an evening dose for several reasons.
I have only been taking kratom regularly for a few months (so perhaps that's one of the reasons) but I'm realizing that the main reason is likely that I never dose close to bedtime either. My primary reason has been that I usually take kratom to boost productivity. But I think you just revealed another reason to stick to that. A long intra-day break is still a break!
Coldshowersuperpower exactly. I take kratom for mood and energy not much for pain. Luckily I don't have chronic pain, so if you are mostly taking kratom to boost productivity this is a great way to use kratom so that it always works. If you ever do have a block where it's not working as well as you want, just reduce your dose for a few days or rotate strains along with vendors but you don't ever have to stop completely. I hope that works as good for you as it does for me :)
I just wanted to add that I use White and Greens strains. Very rarely Reds.
coldshowersuperpower
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by coldshowersuperpower »

terposton wrote: ↑Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:50 pm
coldshowersuperpower wrote: ↑Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:18 pm
terposton wrote: ↑Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:34 pm I never take an evening dose for several reasons.
I have only been taking kratom regularly for a few months (so perhaps that's one of the reasons) but I'm realizing that the main reason is likely that I never dose close to bedtime either. My primary reason has been that I usually take kratom to boost productivity. But I think you just revealed another reason to stick to that. A long intra-day break is still a break!
Coldshowersuperpower exactly. I take kratom for mood and energy not much for pain. Luckily I don't have chronic pain, so if you are mostly taking kratom to boost productivity this is a great way to use kratom so that it always works. If you ever do have a block where it's not working as well as you want, just reduce your dose for a few days or rotate strains along with vendors but you don't ever have to stop completely. I hope that works as good for you as it does for me :)
I just wanted to add that I use White and Greens strains. Very rarely Reds.
Terposton, thank you, and the same to you, my friend, let it continue to work! I was actually contemplating trying kratom for sleep (just for the sake of an experiment, I'm lucky to not have sleep issues either), will delay that now that I think I understand where the no-break-needed magic is coming from :D
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Kelleytoons »

I almost always take Kratom at night for sleeping and have had no tolerance issues (then again, I'm dosing at the most 3 grams, and usually less). But I need the pain relief because otherwise this old body wakes me up at night.

On days I don't play tennis I don't dose at all the next day. Or I dose late in the day - say perhaps 2pm - so that's enough of a break I guess. But on my tennis days my turnaround is much less (so the night before at 10pm, and then at 6am the next day). But still no tolerance issues (although I have around 100 strains in my rotation so that's never a problem).
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: HOW MUCH YOU DOSE AND HOW OFTEN

Post by Roofdog »

I was at 6-7gpd about 5x's a day until just recently, i bumped down to 4.5gpd 5x's per day and its hitting almost the same. I was at 6gpd for the last 4 years approx. My problem is when it wears off the pain creeps in so i cant let it fully wear off. This is much better than being on the pharmaceutical PK's. I couldn't stand those anymore. The constipation was horrible as well.
Post Reply