Page 1 of 1

Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 pm
by Devil_Dog21
Vendor: Mystic Island
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)

Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-

Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A

Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.

Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.

As usual, feedback always welcome.

-DD

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:53 pm
by Feerndad
Devil_Dog21 wrote:Vendor: Mystic Island
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)

Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-

Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A

Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.

Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.

As usual, feedback always welcome.

-DD
Is it the phatcracker from this latest batch?

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:28 pm
by gravystainonmyshirt
Its good to hear a positive review on Mystic Phatcracker. I hope they continue to please their customers. They were super cool and did giveaway contests on here a few times. I think InlandBotanicals offered to do a giveaway as well, hope they follow through on it.

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:32 pm
by beathappening
gravystainonmyshirt wrote:I think InlandBotanicals offered to do a giveaway as well, hope they follow through on it.
They just did. The contest ended the other day.

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:20 pm
by trigger
I won the Inland first prize, and I placed my order today. Communication was great. She’s nice and I already got shipping notice. Looking forward to getting my kilo.

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:33 am
by Feerndad
trigger wrote:I won the Inland first prize, and I placed my order today. Communication was great. She’s nice and I already got shipping notice. Looking forward to getting my kilo.
What kinds did you get?

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:02 am
by trigger
Feerndad wrote:
trigger wrote:I won the Inland first prize, and I placed my order today. Communication was great. She’s nice and I already got shipping notice. Looking forward to getting my kilo.
What kinds did you get?
I got mostly blends, but I think she might have split up the last quarter kilo into smaller split so I could have more variety. I’ll post reviews when it arrives after I have tried a few.

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 am
by Zeedra
Devil_Dog21 wrote:Vendor: Mystic Island
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)

Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-

Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A

Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.

Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.

As usual, feedback always welcome.

-DD

The product color was Brown? Red flag right there - that would mean they've switched suppliers again while keeping the blend names the same. All of their kratom since they've been in business has always been green and similar looking except the one time in January they used a different supplier and ended up with brown leaf

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 am
by trigger
Oh, that’s true. I missed that. MI kratom was all light green - made me think they just filled bags with different labels from the same giant bucket of kratom. Never had a brown strain from them. And I have had samples of everything.

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:08 am
by Kaidensmom
Feerndad wrote:
Devil_Dog21 wrote:Vendor: Mystic Island
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)

Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-

Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A

Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.

Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.

As usual, feedback always welcome.

-DD
Is it the phatcracker from this latest batch?
According to the bag, it's from November 2018.

They could've found a batch that was previously misplaced and decided to list it now though. It's happened before.

In the past you could just ask and they would tell you, but I don't know if that's the case these days. Their customer service has definitely declined a bit since last year.

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:42 am
by trigger
This is from July of last year.

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:19 pm
by Devil_Dog21
I did buy it back in November...just got around to trying it hence the review. I does look more green in the bag than it did on the cap filler. But since i scoop out some to put it on the cap filler I determined the color based on what I saw outside of the bag.

-DD

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:23 pm
by Payshince
July of 2018 Phatcracker was the FIRE
Many of us KratomFanatics adored.

Maybe not now 9+ months later

But backthen u cant compare
A lot was different!

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:49 am
by ScottyK
Payshince wrote:July of 2018 Phatcracker was the FIRE
Many of us KratomFanatics adored.

Maybe not now 9+ months later

But backthen u cant compare
A lot was different!
I think you are right. I remember it being out of stock in late July early August and when it came back, it wasn’t very good.

I’ve never had great Phatcracker.

I had 1 really good batch of vampire and that went downhill also.

Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:16 pm
by trigger
They’ll be back I’m sure. They just must have gotten hit with weak batches.