Mystic Island Phatcracker
Forum rules
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
- Devil_Dog21
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
- Location: Chicago NW burbs
Mystic Island Phatcracker
Vendor: Mystic Island
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)
Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-
Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A
Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.
Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.
As usual, feedback always welcome.
-DD
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)
Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-
Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A
Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.
Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.
As usual, feedback always welcome.
-DD
To Conquor or Die!
Devil Dogs aka DD
Devil Dogs aka DD
-
Feerndad
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
Is it the phatcracker from this latest batch?Devil_Dog21 wrote:Vendor: Mystic Island
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)
Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-
Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A
Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.
Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.
As usual, feedback always welcome.
-DD
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
Its good to hear a positive review on Mystic Phatcracker. I hope they continue to please their customers. They were super cool and did giveaway contests on here a few times. I think InlandBotanicals offered to do a giveaway as well, hope they follow through on it.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
They just did. The contest ended the other day.gravystainonmyshirt wrote:I think InlandBotanicals offered to do a giveaway as well, hope they follow through on it.
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
I won the Inland first prize, and I placed my order today. Communication was great. She’s nice and I already got shipping notice. Looking forward to getting my kilo.
-
Feerndad
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
What kinds did you get?trigger wrote:I won the Inland first prize, and I placed my order today. Communication was great. She’s nice and I already got shipping notice. Looking forward to getting my kilo.
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
I got mostly blends, but I think she might have split up the last quarter kilo into smaller split so I could have more variety. I’ll post reviews when it arrives after I have tried a few.Feerndad wrote:What kinds did you get?trigger wrote:I won the Inland first prize, and I placed my order today. Communication was great. She’s nice and I already got shipping notice. Looking forward to getting my kilo.
-
Zeedra
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:23 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
Devil_Dog21 wrote:Vendor: Mystic Island
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)
Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-
Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A
Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.
Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.
As usual, feedback always welcome.
-DD
The product color was Brown? Red flag right there - that would mean they've switched suppliers again while keeping the blend names the same. All of their kratom since they've been in business has always been green and similar looking except the one time in January they used a different supplier and ended up with brown leaf
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
Oh, that’s true. I missed that. MI kratom was all light green - made me think they just filled bags with different labels from the same giant bucket of kratom. Never had a brown strain from them. And I have had samples of everything.
-
Kaidensmom
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
According to the bag, it's from November 2018.Feerndad wrote:Is it the phatcracker from this latest batch?Devil_Dog21 wrote:Vendor: Mystic Island
Strain: Phatcracker (blend)
Batch: MIK18-44RMNOV (not sure which part is considered the batch #)
Ordering Process: Easy to navigate website but they categorize the strains differently than other vendors, meaning not the typical, "Red, White, Green, Blends" but rather "Originals, Creatures, Gems, and Blends". Once you get past getting used to the different categories it easy enough to select what you want. The other ding I would give is not everything that is on the site is in stock so you end up emailing them for availability. This could lead to the slower turnaround times that I experienced when placing an order because I'm assuming they are doing that for everyone. Grade: B-
Packaging: Brown butcher block paper lined with plastic and resealable; Clearly labelled with vendor, product name, size (ex: 250g), and see through window to visually see the powder. Grade: A
Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Brown
Sedation: Not very noticeable, I think what little I felt on the sedation side was more of an effect of the Euphoric than true sedation. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: Above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Great mood lift / euphoric feeling, probably one of the better strains I've had. 4.5 / 5 pt scale.
Summary - Phatcracker is one of my go to strains, love the euphoric effects, doesn't make me tired and has some overall pain benefits (which is my primary reason for taking Kratom in the first place). I think the only negative is the availability, yet that may be seen as a positive as it sells out quite a bit. It took me several attempts to finally land some. Overall Grade is "A-" and would definitely continue to buy when available.
As usual, feedback always welcome.
-DD
They could've found a batch that was previously misplaced and decided to list it now though. It's happened before.
In the past you could just ask and they would tell you, but I don't know if that's the case these days. Their customer service has definitely declined a bit since last year.
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
This is from July of last year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Devil_Dog21
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
- Location: Chicago NW burbs
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
I did buy it back in November...just got around to trying it hence the review. I does look more green in the bag than it did on the cap filler. But since i scoop out some to put it on the cap filler I determined the color based on what I saw outside of the bag.
-DD
-DD
To Conquor or Die!
Devil Dogs aka DD
Devil Dogs aka DD
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
July of 2018 Phatcracker was the FIRE
Many of us KratomFanatics adored.
Maybe not now 9+ months later
But backthen u cant compare
A lot was different!
Many of us KratomFanatics adored.
Maybe not now 9+ months later
But backthen u cant compare
A lot was different!
- Payshince
- ScottyK
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:53 am
- Location: Wilmington, N.C.
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
I think you are right. I remember it being out of stock in late July early August and when it came back, it wasn’t very good.Payshince wrote:July of 2018 Phatcracker was the FIRE
Many of us KratomFanatics adored.
Maybe not now 9+ months later
But backthen u cant compare
A lot was different!
I’ve never had great Phatcracker.
I had 1 really good batch of vampire and that went downhill also.
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Mystic Island Phatcracker
They’ll be back I’m sure. They just must have gotten hit with weak batches.