Liza's Red Headed Step Child
Forum rules
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
- Devil_Dog21
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
- Location: Chicago NW burbs
Liza's Red Headed Step Child
Vendor: Liza's Botanicals
Strain: Red Headed Step Child (blend)
Batch: 0405
Ordering Process: Really easy, website is laid out logically with a large selection. Almost immediately after placing my order I was contacted via email with further instructions. Once the order was complete I received confirmation. Total time less than 15 min. Grade: A
Packaging: Bright Gold Resealable package, clearly labelled with product name and batch #, however unlikely my previous review this particular packaging was difficult to open and actually ripped apart. Could be an isolated case as my other package from Liza was great. Grade: B- (downgraded due to packaging rip)
Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Light brown with a red hue
Smell or taste: Typical smell but since I cap my kratom I can't give any feedback on the taste
Sedation: Not very noticeable, ironic as I believe this blend has Red in it. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: I would say above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Pretty good mood lift / euphoric feeling. I can't comment on slow vs fast as I take via pills and generally speaking it takes more time to "feel" the effects but when it kicks in it's a nice burn. 3.5 / 5 pt scale.
Summary - Overall I would give RHSC a Grade of B all things considered. The product itself was good combination for pain relief and mood lift; But to be honest I've had better on both fronts (pain and mood). However, if you are looking for an everyday strain to help with daily pain (not severe) and like a nice euphoric lift (but not over the top) then this is for you.
Strain: Red Headed Step Child (blend)
Batch: 0405
Ordering Process: Really easy, website is laid out logically with a large selection. Almost immediately after placing my order I was contacted via email with further instructions. Once the order was complete I received confirmation. Total time less than 15 min. Grade: A
Packaging: Bright Gold Resealable package, clearly labelled with product name and batch #, however unlikely my previous review this particular packaging was difficult to open and actually ripped apart. Could be an isolated case as my other package from Liza was great. Grade: B- (downgraded due to packaging rip)
Product Review - (Based on 5 point scale)
Color: Light brown with a red hue
Smell or taste: Typical smell but since I cap my kratom I can't give any feedback on the taste
Sedation: Not very noticeable, ironic as I believe this blend has Red in it. 1 / 5 pt scale
Pain Relief: I would say above average pain relief for moderate pain. 3 / 5 pt scale
Euphoric: Pretty good mood lift / euphoric feeling. I can't comment on slow vs fast as I take via pills and generally speaking it takes more time to "feel" the effects but when it kicks in it's a nice burn. 3.5 / 5 pt scale.
Summary - Overall I would give RHSC a Grade of B all things considered. The product itself was good combination for pain relief and mood lift; But to be honest I've had better on both fronts (pain and mood). However, if you are looking for an everyday strain to help with daily pain (not severe) and like a nice euphoric lift (but not over the top) then this is for you.
To Conquor or Die!
Devil Dogs aka DD
Devil Dogs aka DD
- trigger
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 640
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Re: Liza's Red Headed Step Child
When people say “fast” and “slow” they mean energetic or sedative. I thought they meant how long it took to feel effects until someone explained it to me
Rhsc did nothing for me, sadly. Lovely vendor, but didn’t get much out of her leaf.
Rhsc did nothing for me, sadly. Lovely vendor, but didn’t get much out of her leaf.
- Devil_Dog21
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
- Location: Chicago NW burbs
Re: Liza's Red Headed Step Child
Yeah i've been confused on "fast" vs "slow" as well...obviously I mean the time it hits full strength.
To Conquor or Die!
Devil Dogs aka DD
Devil Dogs aka DD
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Liza's Red Headed Step Child
Honestly have never heard that before. I would have said the opposite was obvious.Devil_Dog21 wrote:Yeah i've been confused on "fast" vs "slow" as well...obviously I mean the time it hits full strength.
I think what you're talking about varies for everyone regardless of the strain. More to do with metabolism, last time ate, etc.
Trigger put it well. Fast is speedy, energetic, accelerated...slow is sedating, relaxing. Think of it like your heart rate, if the kratom is fast it increases, and it lowers if the kratom is slow.
-
KrateAndVape
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:00 am
Re: Liza's Red Headed Step Child
Great review! I like your grading and point system. Very simple. Easy to follow.
I too have always been under the impression that "fast" / "slow" in regards to Kratom meant whether the leaf / strain was "energetic" or "sedative". ie: Most White veins are believed to be "fast" (energetic) and the majority of Red are "slow" (sedative). Anyway, that's always been what I've seen / read. Although, I can count on one hand in 3 years the number of times any Kratom had genuinely been "fast" / "energetic" for me. Many whites either do very little to nothing for me in small doses; make me jittery at my normal dose; and used to make me sleepy (veeeerrrryyyy slow) in the beginning of my Kratom journey, no matter the amount. But that's just my wacky chemistry. The best "fast" strain that actually worked for me and didn't have negative "side-effects" was O.G. Green from GoE, but I had to take roughly HALF of my normal dose. Blend in a small amount of their O.G. White and for me it was finally that "fast" strain I've heard so many others describe that I had never experienced until then. But now GoE are gone. And so is some of the "best" Kratom I've ever had (all of the "OG" strains were amazing for me... OG Green, OG White, OG Red and OG Maeng Da). I had only gotten 100g of each to sample and boy am I sorry I didnt get more! Anyway, I've digressed.
I too have always been under the impression that "fast" / "slow" in regards to Kratom meant whether the leaf / strain was "energetic" or "sedative". ie: Most White veins are believed to be "fast" (energetic) and the majority of Red are "slow" (sedative). Anyway, that's always been what I've seen / read. Although, I can count on one hand in 3 years the number of times any Kratom had genuinely been "fast" / "energetic" for me. Many whites either do very little to nothing for me in small doses; make me jittery at my normal dose; and used to make me sleepy (veeeerrrryyyy slow) in the beginning of my Kratom journey, no matter the amount. But that's just my wacky chemistry. The best "fast" strain that actually worked for me and didn't have negative "side-effects" was O.G. Green from GoE, but I had to take roughly HALF of my normal dose. Blend in a small amount of their O.G. White and for me it was finally that "fast" strain I've heard so many others describe that I had never experienced until then. But now GoE are gone. And so is some of the "best" Kratom I've ever had (all of the "OG" strains were amazing for me... OG Green, OG White, OG Red and OG Maeng Da). I had only gotten 100g of each to sample and boy am I sorry I didnt get more! Anyway, I've digressed.